Baggage Handler Resume
Airline industry is one of the major employers of baggage handlers. Baggage handler's job responsibilities include:
- Transportation of customer baggage at different stations across the airport
- Reading labels and identifying the dispatch stations
- Handing over the baggage at the appropriate dispatch stations
- Moving the baggage either manually or with the help of automated trains
As this profile includes a lot of physical movement of heavy baggage, the baggage handler should be physically fit without any abnormalities in lifting, pushing, pulling, etc. The person must also have excellent communication skills as he will need to converse a lot with inside staff and customers.
The next major quality that a baggage handler must posses is of identifying letters and numbers with accuracy and speed, as the person has to read letters/numbers written in different handwritings.
Now go through the sample baggage handler resume given below.
Sample Baggage Handler Resume
902, X Street, Madison Avenue,
Los Angeles, CA-90001
To seek a position as a baggage handler
Summary of Qualifications :
- Extraordinary quality of accepting challenging tasks/targets and delivering the satisfactory results
- Keen understanding of the profile with vast working experience
- Clean and consistent past job history
- Ability to handle tremendous work pressure as per the situational demand, both physically and mentally
- Capability of handling (lifting, pulling, pushing) loads up to 75 lbs effortlessly
- Experience of working in rotational shifts
- Great visual abilities with special qualities like complex picture understanding, literacy & numeric identification etc.
Professional Experience :
Frank Airlines, Los Angeles (2006-Present)
- Checked in the baggage by following the check-in SOP and transferred it to the respective train
- Conversed with customers to learn special handling needs of the baggage and attached respective remarks with the baggage
- Forwarded the check-in list and remarks to respective stations
- Handled special vehicles such as carrying van, fork-truck to transport the baggage to the respective plane or chopper
- Maintained a sheet by recording the processed baggage details and the time and forwarded it to the supervisors
- Graduated in secondary school from Saint Lawrence school, Los Angeles, CA (2005)
- Completed a 3-months diploma in aviation from California state university (2006)
Extra Curricular :
- Participated in the athletics and weight lifting events in inter school competitions
References: Will be available on request
New! Not satisfied with your resume? Get your resume written by an 'Administrative Resume Writing Expert' (CPRW) for just $69.90.