Sample Attorney Resume
- Attorney Resume
- Sample Attorney Resume
An attorney is probably the most sought after person in the country right now, considering that everybody is ready to sue anyone for even the smallest mistake. Hence, the business of attorneys is in a boom. An attorney is expected to look into legal matters, which have a broad range. An attorney has to be quick witted, dexterous and good at communication. He needs to have good debating skills, along with a tendency to never back off. This sample resume is certain to provide you with details as to writing your own resume well. Anyone can use this sample after making the necessary changes.
726, East 98 Avenue,
Idaho Falls, ID 72889
: Experienced civil lawyer with a successful track record that includes securing compensation in excess of $ 2 mn.
Objective: Seeking employment with the civil law section of a major law firm.
- Successfully handled numerous high profile cases and secured a settlement of over $ 2 mn in a couple of cases
- Can work out details systematically and attain favorable verdicts even in apparently complex and difficult to win cases
- Awarded numerous credits during litigation in state as well as federal courts
- Successful practice before administrator boards and arbitrators
- Senior Associate with Burnham & Hayes, Idaho Falls, ID from 2002 till date, where I have been involved with different types of clients and handled the litigation from start to finish; I have a high success rate and it was here that I secured damages worth more than $ 2 mn for two of my clients
- Associate Attorney with Bayne & Associates, Idaho Falls, ID from 1998 to 2002, where I handled responsibilities like preparation and presentation of motions, drafted statements of settlement, and defended depositions; was a member of the legal team that successfully defended Norton Co. in its $ 6 mn coverage litigation
- J. D. from the prestigious Yale Law School, New Haven, CT in 1996, where I acted in the capacity of an Editor of Law Review and Coach of Yale Debate Society
- B.A. in History and Government with honors in Summa cum Laude from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI in 1992, where I was awarded the Beikney Award for the most outstanding thesis in history and made it to the finals of the national level Extempore competition
- Member of the Bar Association, State of Idaho in 1997
- Contributor to The Western Law Review Consultant, Equity and Legal assistance foundation
- Member of Board of Directors, YMCAs of Greater D.C
- Member of NARL Board of Idaho
Attorney Resume - Sample 2
If you have any legal problems, an attorney is the first person you think of. He is an individual who is adept at legal matters, be it immigration or real estate. This profession can never be out of business owing to the innate nature in human beings of fighting. He issues legal notices, advices a company regarding legal practices, prepares contracts, looks into land disputes and god knows what else. Thus we can see that this profession is quite versatile, with each case presenting a different kind of challenge. This applicant has got some experience in legal practice after graduating. One can use this resume for his/her own end if the need be.
The University of Texas School of Law
675, Concorde Boulevard,
Alabama, AL, 73874
, Austin, Texas
JD expected May 2004
GPA 3.11; Highest Grades: Federal Income Tax, Constitutional Law, Alternate Dispute Resolution: A-
- Texas Law Fellowship Recipient, 1 of 29 recipients, Summer 2002
- Associate Editor, The Review of Litigation
- Board of Directors, Texas Law Fellowships, 2002-03
- Co-Director, Habitat for Humanity - UT Law Project, Fall 2003
- Elder Law Clinic, Fall 2003
, Houston, Texas
BA in Russian and Economics, May 2001
GPA 3.84, magna cum laude
St. Petersburg State University
, St. Petersburg, Russia
Rice University Study Abroad Program, January - May 2000 (all classes taught entirely in Russian)
Fulbright And Jaworski, L.L.P.
, Dallas, Texas
, May - July 2003
Researched employment law issues and drafted legal memoranda on Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair
Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA); performed research and prepared
legal memoranda on litigation issues; attended depositions; participated in witness interviews.
Hilgers And Watkins, P.C.
, Austin, Texas
July - August 2003
Performed extensive research and prepared legal memoranda on employment discrimination issues; researched issues in
estate planning and marital property rights, intellectual property and civil procedure; prepared deposition summaries.
Center for Disability and Elder Law (CDEL)
, Chicago, Illinois
Texas Law Fellow/Law Clerk
, June - August 2002
Drafted article on Medicare and balanced Budget Act for CDEL attorneys; researched issues in bankruptcy,
landlord/tenant, employment and health law; held primary responsibility for approximately 100 clients; conducted
intake interviews with elderly and disabled clients.
Baker Botts, L.L.P.
, Houston, Texas
Legal Assistant Clerk
, May - August 1998, 1999; July 2000 - August 2001
Assisted attorneys in trial preparation, court filings, document production and records management; prepared
deposition summaries; reviewed articles regarding Russian matters.
Legal Internship Program Administrator
, August 2000 - August 2001
Coordinated city-wide legal internship program for inner-city high school students; served as liaison between 35-40
participating Houston law firms and high schools; researched and interviewed past participants for article intended for
publication regarding program.
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES:
- Rice Program Council (campus student council): Co-President, Internal Vice-President, 1998-99
- Herbert And Helen Allen Scholarship for Leadership and High Achievement (4 years)
- Omicron Delta Epsilon (economics honor society) 1998-2001
Fluent in Mandarin Chinese; conversational in Russian; piano and trumpet.
Attorney Resume - Sample 3
An attorney is a person appointed by another to look into the legal matters on his behalf. The attorney essentially pays attention to any of the legal disputes that might arise in the organization he is employed in. An attorney can work for advising his clients regarding the finer points of the law or else he can work for the government, helping them punish those accused with a crime. This sample resume is of such an applicant who has obtained a Juris Doctor degree in law from a university and since has worked in the role of an attorney. Anyone can feel free to use this resume after making the requisite changes.
564, Sector 32
Dover, DE, 36848
Eagle And Associates, Ltd.
, Yonkers, New York
, 2000 - Present
Hassel, Ebramsky And Brandwynn
- One of three attorneys law firm representing the United Car Rental Association in their landmark suit against Federal insurance regulation
- Monitor and analyze legislation pertaining to the rental of motor vehicles, including:
-Water quality issues
-Design and maintain the firm's web page and firm's peer-to-peer computer network
, New York, New York
, 2000 - 1999
1999 Vermont State Legislative Session
- Contributed to the team success of this 17-attorney law firm.
- Provided both legal and non-legal research and memorandum writing
- Assisted with litigation document production
- Monitored proposed legislation pertaining to environmental, insurance, health, transportation, taxation, and workers' compensation issues
- Responsible for marketing research of proposal for expanding the client base of the government relations department
, Albany, Vermont
, Spring 1999
- Monitored proposed legislation affecting the House Minority Caucus
- Conferred with state agencies, legislators, and lobbyists
- Wrote weekly bill summaries and status reports and drafted news releases and responded to letters from constituents
Research: Internet, Westlaw, Hoovers, and Lexis/Nexis
Software Proficiency: Word, Word Perfect, Excel, Access, and various office suite and internet applications including Netscape, Internet Explorer, Forte Agent, Eudora Pro, and Hotdog HTML editor
Operating Systems: MS-Windows 95, MS-Windows 3.1 and 3.11, MS-DOS, and MacOS
Special Skills: HTML programming, WWW, Usenet, Gopher, and FTP. Some hardware experience, including managing a peer-to-peer network.
St. John's University School Of Law
, Queens, NY
Degree: Juris Doctor, May 2003
Honors: Dean's List
St. Paul's University
, St. Paul, MN
Degree: Double B.A. in History/Political Science and English, Magna Cum Laude, 2000
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- President's Scholarship
- Dean's List
- College Fellow in History/Political Science
- Political Science Achievement Award