Truck Driver Resume
- Driver Resume
- Truck Driver Resume
Truck drivers are typically needed to drive long distances which necessitates them to wear the attributes of perseverance and patience while on duty. Since the cargo in the trucks could be fragile, the drivers are expected to possess sound judgment of their vehicles and drive them carefully. Safety is a major concern for these professionals. They conduct various security and pre and post trip checks to identify damages or impairments and repair them. They also ensure that the trucks are loaded with medical aids, spare parts, and other required equipment.
The resume is regarded as the single most significant element of the job application procedure. It holds the unique ability to capture the attention of the recruiting authorities.
Sample of Truck Driver Resume
Justin D. Strauss
22 Columbus Avenue
Apple Valley, CA 43733
(378) 752 6738
Objective: Seeking the position of truck driver in a leading firm where I can implement my thorough knowledge and comprehensive experience in driving various types of trucks, including the transporting and delivering of goods.
- Excellent map reading skills
- Good communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Ability to work for long periods, independently and under pressure
- Good knowledge of the processes and techniques of improving the efficiency and performance of various types of trucks
- Experience in performing loading, unloading, hooking, maintenance, and other related tasks
- Willingness to operate overtime and on weekends/holidays
High School Diploma, 2011
California Seminary School, CA
- A member of the 'Committee for Awareness of Safe Driving Practices'
- Raised awareness against 'Driving Under Influence (DUI)'
- Helped the aged and disabled to stand on their own feet by conducting self-help activities
AES Corporation, 2013 - Present
- Looked after the maintenance of all trucks by making regular maintenance schedules for each of them
- Driving semi-trailer trucks to transport goods, materials, spare parts, and other commodities
- Loading and unloading cargo and goods using forklift trucks or sometimes manually
- Providing service in the areas of fuel, water, oil, air, and vehicle repair requirements
- Designing the best possible itineraries for ensuring timely delivery of the commodities
- Obtaining authorizations from the receivers and shippers and assessing the invoices
Sky Travels Incorporation, 2011 - 2013
- Driving different transportation vehicles such as cars, trolleybuses, light and heavy trucks, vans, etc., to the specified destinations
- Abiding by the dress code, conduct policies, and other principles/regulations of the company
- Ensuring that the vehicle registration and parking permit procedures are completed on time
- Examining the fuel, air, water, and oil and completing other maintenance checks for each vehicle
- Updating the records of transported products and handling the client accounts
- Appreciation Award from the California Police Chiefs Association for helping the accident victims to find appropriate medical aid, 2013
- National Truck Driving Championship Award from American Trucking Committee, 2012
CDL Class A, T&X Endorsements
Donald F. Martin
Sky Travels Incorporation
(287) 743 5371