HMO Administrator Resume
- Executive Resume/li>
- HMO Administrator Resume
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) is a group insurance where health care is provided for a flat monthly rate. HMO Administrators handle the overall management of health care services of a hospital like making and implementing policies, hiring and training personnel; handling finances, ordering supplies and coordinating activities with other departmental managers. A bachelor's degree is essential but some organizations prefer a master's degree in business / nursing / health services administration. Experience with good organizing, leadership and communication skills is necessary. The candidate in this resume has a master's degree in health services administration and relevant experience with different organizations.
Sample HMO Administrator Resume
298 Gaffney Road
Fairbanks, AK 99701
Telephone No: 907-456-3987
Email id: email@example.com
Seeking a middle level position as a HMO administrator with the health services department of a reputed hospital / health care provider.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good leadership, organizational, analytical and communication skills with an eye for detail and the ability to handle people
- Good with record keeping and documentation software
- Computer Knowledge
- Office Packages like MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Power Point and MS Outlook Express
- Operating Systems like Windows 9X, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP and Windows Vista
- Achieved Master of Education Degree from the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, AK in the year 1994.
- Achieved Bachelor of Arts Degree in Liberal Arts with specialization in Accounting and Business Communication from the Alaska Pacific University, Anchorage, AK, in the year 1991.
- Multi Specialty Float with the Vedder Community Health Plan, Fairbanks, AK from 2004 till date where the responsibilities involve:
- Coordinating the tasks of 12 departments for smooth working of the organization. These departments include Nutrition and Diet, Radiology, Main Desk and Building Services, Visual Services, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics etc.
- As a member of Lark Headship commission, I promote association and collaboration among employees and management
- As a member of Lark Diversity Commission, I promote consciousness about the similarities in values despite diversities among employees coming from different cultures
- Hospitals Admission Coordinator with Vedder Community Health Plan, Fairbanks, AK for 2000 - 2003 where I programmed tests and surgeries including the same during emergencies, organized rooms for patients and provided information to patients before surgery and tests. In this position I had two major achievements viz.:
- Received the Dunstable Award in 2001 for Sense of Responsibility and Pledge to Affiliate Satisfaction
- Received the Golden Star Award in 2002 for implementing latest practices and measures that have become a part of the organization's work culture
- Medical Assistant with WeCare Community Health Center, Fairbanks, AK for 1995 -99, where I programmed appointments for orthopedics and gynecology departments, received and forwarded patient calls and maintained reports
- Master' Degree in Health Services Administration from the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, AK in 1994
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts with specialization in Accounting and Business Communication from Alaska Pacific University, Anchorage, AK in 1991