Correctional Officer or Peer Counselor Resume
- Legal Resumes
- Correctional Officer or Peer Counselor Resume
A correctional officer, also known as a jailor in common man's language is employed in prisons or penitentiaries. They are responsible for the maintenance of peace and discipline in the institution they are employed in. They oversee the budgeting and living conditions of the inmates. There are several inmates at any given time in the facilities all over the nation. Also, the prisoners keep on changing from time to time since some are transferred to other jails while others are convicted. They also overlook the daily activities performed by the convicts and ensure that these are conducted according to set rules and procedures.
Sample Correctional Officer or Peer Counselor Resume
428, Shoemaker Avenue,
Plano, TX, 67859
(210) 697- 4832
Obtain a respective career in the law field with the utilization of obtained executive and professional expertise.
- Obtained DOC certification from the Philadelphia Training Institute, Philadelphia in the year of 1996.
- Achieved Advanced Associate Degree at Criminal Justice from the Chicago Management School, Chicago in the year of 1995.
- Achieved Bachelors Degree from the Orlando University, Orlando in the year of 1991at Criminal Justice as the major.
Professional Excellence Summary
- Obtained commissioner's personal recommendation letter for proper attending in the 2003-04 session.
- Accomplished himself as the stress management guide for indoor workers and recruits.
- Have wonderful expertise in family counseling after suicidal efforts. Capacitated with suicide preventing implementations.
- Have over 12 years of experience in the field of law enforcement.
- Have astonishing communication skills and interpersonal skills for better dealing with workers as well as convict population along with the communities.
- Familiar with crisis intervention therapy with the DOC personnel and their families.
- Have due efficiency for increasing cooperation and positive work environment.
- Have been qualified for 358, M16, 8mm, 9mm firearms and various types of shotguns.
2002- Present date: Work as the Peer Counselor or as the Correctional Officer for the Chicago Division of Corrections and Rehabilitation Curriculum, Chicago with the following responsibilities
- Carried out the measures for identifying burnt workers by offering guidance and thorough researches.
- Initiating and executing correctional and rehabilitation programs for them with the knowledge of community possessions.
1998- 2002: Worked as the Correctional Executive for the Browns SECC, Dallas with the following responsibilities
- Provide necessary methods for caring and controlling of convict peoples with took the charge for their custody.
1997- 1998: Worked as the Patrolman for the California Police, California by helping them in maintaining peace with took the guard of various assigned territories.