Police Sergeant Resume
- Legal Resumes
- Police Sergeant Resume
A police sergeant is an employee working in the police department, who is ranked above the officer and corporal and below the lieutenant. He has to work on the field as also manage a team of a few officers, thus performing managerial tasks as well. The sergeant has to exhibit an immaculate conduct since his juniors look up to him. To become a sergeant, one needs to have some experience and also a better performance than his/ her colleagues. He is also responsible for the training and other orientation activities and also for disciplinary action, if needed. He acts as a liaison between the upper level of management and other police personnel below his rank.
Sample Police Sergeant Resume
2378, 42nd Ave,
Sandy, UT, 43258
(412) 783- 4373
To obtain a job of a police sergeant in a police department, thereby being able to use my extensive experience for the service of society.
Professional Education Background
Professional Excellence Summary
- Achieved required professional graduation from the Sweetwater Police School, Sweetwater in the year of 1996. Cornel Jim Hatfield Competition winner in the year of 1996.
- Obtained associate workshops on firearm studies along with query skill development programs, American Legal Systems and Criminal Laws.
- Achieved Bachelor of Science Degree from the Philadelphia University, Philadelphia in the year of 1993 at Law Enforcement as the major. Obtained excellent performance report as ranked in the departmental head's list.
- Obtained national certificate regarding emergency medical study as a technician.
- Obtained national certificate in breathalyzer, security supervising as well as identifying kit stuffs.
- Received required license for carrying firearms.
- Have over 8 years of experience in this field utilizing common applications.
- Have proven ability to adopt with the new concepts and measures.
- Capacitated with first-paced functioning and persuasive work environment.
- Have necessary acquaintance in querying skills and interpersonal skills both in verbally and written.
2002- Present date: Work as the Sergeant for the New Jersey City Police Division, New Jersey with the following responsibilities
- Provide necessary training, scheduling, recruiting and supervising 40 employees with proper evaluation.
- Take necessary steps for establishing and setting polices and procedures with maintaining certain standards.
- Provide forecasting and monitoring the units' budgetary preparation.
- Apply computerized method for fingerprint evaluating.
1998- 2002: Worked as the police Commander for the Oklahoma State Police Department, Oklahoma with the following responsibilities
- Took essential crime preventing measures by initiating premises investigation.
- Evaluated entire force and successfully diminished the thefts and unnecessary attacks by 60%.
1997- 1998: Worked as the Police Sergeant for the Oklahoma State Police Department, Oklahoma by giving direction to 200 officers in every aspect of their responsibilities.