Retail Management Resume
- Management Resume
- Retail Management Resume
Retail Managers manage retail stores ranging from supermarkets to small independent stores. They are responsible for motivating staff to meet sales targets, managing stock levels, predicting sales, analyzing market trends and sales figures, understanding competitors and customers, improving sales figures, and handling customer complaints. Good analysis, communication, motivation, and decision making abilities are needed. No specific degree is needed, but employers prefer candidates with experience and who are good with maths and IT. The resume presents a candidate with an MBA, good communication and interpersonal skills and experience as a deputy and, later, full manager.
Sample Retail Management Resume
230 Huntington Hall,
Syracuse, NY 13244
Telephone No: 315-443-5626
Email id: email@example.com
Looking for the position of Retail Manager with a major supermarket or retail chain store.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill.
- Proficient in computer technologies including MS office, word, PowerPoint, Access, excel.
- Good at motivating and leading people and able to work in a fast paced, competitive, and high pressure environment
- Excellent arithmetic skills
- Retail Manager with Mohini Enterprises, NY from 2005 till date where the job responsibilities include:
- To manage Mohini Stores - Spinners' largest volume store with a turnover of $45,000 per week
- To appoint, guide, and organize 30 employees
- Administer the sales floor, cash control, inventory control, and to order and maintain the merchandise
- Organize and manage special events and promotions
- To prepare daily sales reports, cooperate with other authorities while developing marketing strategies and promotion campaigns
- Assistant Retail Manager with Santa Ana Shops, CA for the duration 2000 - 05, where the responsibilities included:
- To supervise customer and market surveys through questionnaires and research in order to understand customer behavior and competitor strategies
- Management of recruitment, cash flow, merchandise for the store, and the opening and closing of the store
- To monitor 20 employees and to prepare their appraisal reports
- To prepare and organize various reports like daily sales report and bank deposit report
- Master of Business Administration from New York University, NY in 2000
- Bachelor of Science in Arts from New York University, NY in 1998