Nursing Supervisor Resume
- Medical Resume
- Nursing Supervisor Resume
A nursing supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the nursing staff of the organization she works in. While supervising, she has to keep in mind the requirements the job demands from her and also be gentle to her subordinates and foster an environment of camaraderie amongst them. The nursing supervisor has to schedule the duties and leaves of all the nurses under her wing, so that at any given time, there is no shortage of working staff. This has to be done so that the work is not hampered. The sample given on this page would surely help you to formulate your own, which will surely help you secure that coveted job.
Nursing supervisor is an individual who plans, organizes and supervises professional staff serving in one or more nursing service programs such as pediatrics, obstetrics or surgery or two or more patient-care units to make sure that all the patients get proper treatments according to the instructions given by physicians and hospital administrative procedures.
Person with hospital diploma in nursing or having associates degree in nursing or bachelor's degree in nursing can apply for the nursing supervisor job. The skills required for the supervisor position are:
- Good supervisory and leadership skills.
- Good command over English.
- Quick learner
- Can work in heavy pressure conditions.
Sample Nursing Supervisor Resume 1
568, NW Northrup,
Washington, WA, 56384
(291) 432- 5609
Other Relevant Courses
- Obtain Bachelor of Science Degree from the Trinityty College of Nursing, Atlanta in the year of 1996 at 'Nursing' as the major. The degree focuses on the functionality of nurses
- Acquire Graduation Degree from the University Of California, CA in the year of 1995
- Have done Certification courses on Nursing Administration, in the year 1997 with special emphasis on nursing management skills
2000 - Present date: Working as a 'Chief Officer of Nursing Service' at Bridge Health Medical Hospital with the following working responsibilities
- Acted as a coordinator for the services involving direct patient care
- Performed as a controller for Out-Patient care services and also as the Director of Resident Care Unit
- Acted as a planner in all admission and discharge activity
- Instructing and counseling emergency services with the help of the facility digitizer, coordinated between life care unit and medical block
- Actively participated and had been a member of Restorative service committee
1997- 2000: Performed as 'Director for Nursing Services' at Kellosfog Nursing Home with the following job responsibilities
- Provided assistance for troubleshooting and played the lead role in upgrading facilities in various departments
- Experienced in hiring staff members and coordinated in their proper training. Actively participated in expansion of staff force of 70 to 140 licensed and non licensed staff ember, with four new supervisors
- Budget control and proper implementation
- Building new strategic policies for development
- Administrative responsibility for patient care department
- Human Resource activity in recruitment of personnel
- Planning educational and teaching Program for developmental activity
- Proper enforcement of on going approved administrative policies
Sample Nursing Supervisor Resume 2
1234, West 67 Street,
Carlisle, MA 01741,
Areas Of Expertise
- Developing policy and procedures.
- Developed and instructed in formal education training programs.
- Preparing and implementation of budget.
- Development of training/education of auxiliary staffs.
- Patient care department administration and supervision.
- Direct Patient Care(medical/surgical)
- Personal Recruitment/Administration (licensed/non-licensed)
- Geriatrics(long term/community care)
Total Life Care Center: 1990 - Present
Director of Nursing Services
Critical Care Clinic: 1987 - 1990
- Direct and coordinate all services related to direct patient care. Organizing the out patient services interpreting the life care residents combined with director f Resident Care Services.
- Synchronize and administer emergency services through facility Digitizer, call service between the medical building and Life Care apartments.
- Aggressively take part in all discharge and admission planning.
- Aggressively take part in formation of restorative Service Committee for managing Rehabilitative Services.
Day Supervisor: 1984-1987
- Recruited a staff Development Coordinator recognized and expanded staff to 130 non licensed and licensed personnel including 2 new supervisors.
- Brought facility to successful relicensesure. Provided trouble and upgraded facility to level I-II (skilled care).
- Enforced to follow policies and procedures for maintaining continuity with supplemented staff.
Supervised the delivery of patient care including supervision and management of non licensed and licensed personnel in the year 2005 - geriatric, bed, multi-level, long term, skilled facility.
Spring Hill Nursing College, Marion, AL
Bachelor of science in Nursing, with honours, 1984
UAB School of Nursing, Birmingham, AL
Graduated, 1980 - Registered Nurse
ANA - Certification Nursing Administration, 1885