A drafter is a skilled person who creates technical diagrams and drawings, which act as a blueprint in the manufacturing of various goods and products. These drawings are used as a guideline by the production team while manufacturing the product. Over the last few years, traditional methods and tools used by drafters have been replaced by computers and software applications, which are known as Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD). Thus other than being extremely creative, a drafter has to be well acquainted with the usage of these modern tools. A drafter's resume needs to enlist these skills as well as state all relevant education and training related information. Past work experience as a drafter also needs to be mentioned on the resume.
Sample Drafter Resume
Eugene A. Anderson
643 Centennial Farm Road
Le Mars, IA 51031
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain the position of a drafter in an organization based on twelve years of experience and skilled expertise in this field.
Known Computer Programming Skills
- Achieved Bachelors Degree from the Michigan Arts College, Michigan in the year of 1998 at designing and drafting as the major subject
- Achieve Associate Degree from the Northeastern College of Arts, California in the year of 1994 at designing and drafting as the major
- Achieved Degree from the Philadelphia Poly Technique & Arts University, Philadelphia in the year of 1990 at architectural improvement & drafting machinery as the major subject
- Known Office Package: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook Express
- Known Programming Language: Pascal, Turbo Pascal, C, C++, Java, Java Swing, Python
- Known Operating Systems: Windows9X, Windows2000, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux, Unix, MS DOS
- Known HTML Editing Tools: Macromedia Dreamweaver, Microsoft FrontPage, Adobe GoLive
- Known Graphics Tools: Macromedia Flash, Macromedia Fireworks, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe PageMaker, Adobe Illustrator, 3D Max, Bryce 3D
2004- Present date: Work as the supervisor of drafting development for Flair Industries, California with the following responsibilities
- Provide hybrid microcircuit designing and representation management on behalf of production
- Take necessary actions for assisting federal licensing documents of state projects
- Monitoring entire drafting accountabilities, representations as well as products in optical department
- Coordinating in all aspects of wiring, cable drawing, schematic capture as well as sand casting
1999- 2003: Worked as the drafting technician & designing for the Designers Paradise, Michigan with the following responsibilities
- Accomplished electrical, CADD development and schematically approved PCB designs.
- Worked as the responsible person for developing drawings as well as featuring conceptualization phase through final discharge. Formulated and executed ECN.