Sample Technology Resume
The technology field is a fast growing one and with so many job opportunities in this field, it is necessary to possess an excellent technology resume, which will get you one step closer to securing the desirable job that you have always wanted. There are various types of technology related jobs such as a software programmer, computer technician, networking executive, etc. One needs to have excellent knowledge and possess good skills in his/her respective technology field. Possessing good communication and interpersonal skills is a requirement for almost every type of job these days and technology is no different in this regard. Check the below sample technology resume, which will help you in drafting your own resume.
Ken T. Obrien
3452 Gnatty Creek Road
Westbury, NY 11590
Email ID: email@example.com
To secure the position of a computer technician in an organization where my skills are utilized to their maximum potential and benefit both me and the company.
Kennedy Computer Systems
, Boston MA 2000 - 2002
Watertown Computer Suppliers
- Provided technical support for the production division of the manufacturing facility.
- Developed and installed operating systems.
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of printers, monitors, scanners and hardware.
- Provided assistance at the in-house helpdesk providing technical support by phone and in person to the facilities staff.
- Responsible for loading new software and systems on existing equipment.
- Tested systems to ensure the elimination of bugs or viruses.
- Responsible for performing troubleshooting activities prior to the implementation of new systems.
, Boston MA 1998 - 2000
Junior Computer Technician
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Assisted the technicians with the installation of software, modems and drives.
- Tested software and computer equipment prior to 'go live'.
- Provided technical telephone support to correct software and hardware problems.
- Assisted with the repair of computer systems on site and for existing customers and the maintenance of client documentation.
- Performed upgrades on existing computer systems.
1995 - 1998
BS in Computer Science
Database Systems, Software Engineering, Systems Programming, Programming Languages, Computer Networks, and Windows 95/98/2000, Java, Oracle, Dos, Pentium, Microsoft NT and Novelle.
I am participating in a poverty programme that has established a centre to teach young children and adolescent's computer skills and how to access and surf the Internet.
I am currently taking an on-line course in Web Design and I also enjoy swimming, squash and football.
Sample Technology Resume 2
The field of technology has made rapid progress in the last two decades and continues to be one of the frontrunners when it comes to job opportunities and salary compensation. It is essential to have a professionally looking resume while applying for a technology job as it is your first form of communication with the hiring company and it is necessary to make a positive first impression. Knowledge of various programming languages and software applications is a must for any technology professional. Additional factors such as good communication and analytical skills along with educational details and past job experience information should be mentioned in your resume. Refer to the below mentioned sample technology resume to gain better understanding on how to write one.
David E. Covington
2200 Morning View Lane
Rowan, IA 50470
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain the position of a computer lab assistant in an organization based on my fourteen years of experience and expertise in this field.
I have had much teamwork experience throughout my education. These team projects and my experience as a computer lab assistant have enhanced my critical thinking and problem solving skills. My computer lab experience and my minor in information technology have also allowed me to become proficient in many software applications.
Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
Graduation Date: May 2000
Bachelor of Business Administration
Major: General Business
Minor: Information Technology
Overall GPA: 3.89 Minor GPA: 4.00
Computer Lab Assistant
, Division of Information Technology, 1997-present
Manlius Temporary Services
- Help users with problems in the University computer labs.
- Work with E-mail and the Internet.
- Work with Novell Netware Client 32-bit 4.1
- Ensure security in the labs.
, NY, May 1997 - August 1997
- Carrier Corp. - Informaiton Technology Assistant
- University Hospital Home Care Services - Marketing Assistant
MS Office 2000, Excel 7.0, Word 7.0, Access 7.0, PowerPoint 7.0, PageMaker 6.0, Visual Basic 4.0, Word Perfect 5.1, Minitab 10.2, Internet Explorer 5.0+, Netscape Navigator 4.0+
AWARDS AND HONORS
Alpha Kappa Psi
- Beta Gamma Sigma - Business Honor Society
- Mortar Board
- Dean's List
- Stetson Business School Foundation - Merit Award in General Business
- Who's Who Among American College Students
- Phi Eta Sigma - Freshman Honor Society
- Dean's Scholarship
- Professional Business Fraternity
- Vice President of Membership
- Rush Co-Chair
- Pledge Class President
- new student orientation program
- Assistant coordinator
- community service event, Fall 1996
- Student Liaison Coordinator
- Committee Co-Chair
Sample Technology Resume 3
The field of technology is vast and varied. One can work as a technology manager, software coder, application tester, systems manager, etc. Everything related to the hardware and software implementation of computer technology comes under this field. A technology professional must have the necessary educational qualifications along with certification courses in specific subjects. Mention these qualifications along with technology specific skill sets that you may possess in your resume. Past experience and job functions should also feature in the resume as it gives the hiring manager a better understanding about your professional background and capabilities. Check out the following sample technology resume to gain better understanding on how to write your own resume.
Christopher W. Dooley
2184 Davis Street
Norcross, GA 30071
Email ID: email@example.com
To obtain the position of a systems manager in an organization where my 20 years of experience and skilled expertise in the field are utilized to their maximum potential
Solaris 2.X, SunOS 4.x, HP UX, AIX, DNS, NFSPPP, Sybase, TCP/IP, NFS, NIS, Windows 3.1, Windows 95/NT, Ethernet, Token Ring, FDDI, SNA, X.25, MS Office, Sendmail, Netscape, Mosaic, Zmail, Synchronize, SNM, Firewall-l, Solstice Security Manager
Sun Sparc/Ultra/Enterprise, RS6000, HP Workstations, IBM PCs and Compatibles, SSA, RSM, Boxhill / ECCS Raid storage solutions, solid state drives, I/O devices, 10/l00Base-T, 10Base2, Cabletron network hubs, network probes
C++, C, Visual C++, awk, borne shell, sed, tk/tcl, Perl, HTML
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
, May 1989
Sun Education Services:
Advanced SunOS Administration, Solaris 1.X to Solaris 2.X, Advanced Solaris Administration.
: Advanced AIX Administration , Jan. 1994 to Present
AMERICAN CREDIT BANK CORPORATION
Lead UNIX Systems Administrator
- Currently managing a staff of 95 technology professionals with responsibility for offices in NY, London, Paris and Tokyo.
- Responsible for SUN System Administration, Network Management and Database Administration for the Retail Banking Division of American Credit Bank.
- This area grew from 200 HP, IBM and SUN workstations on 2 Networks in one location to more than 2500 SUN workstations on over 160 networks in 275 locations world wide.
- Responsible for the Sybase Database Management for more than 40 local and remote Sybase database servers, including design, benchmarking, implementation and 24x7 support.
, Jan. 1991 to Dec. 1993
- Managed SUN/OS based trading network company wide (2,500 nodes).
- Managed 13 Unix Systems Administrators.
- Maintained all network file system (NFS) mounts.
- Implemented and administered network information services (NIS) for multiple domains.
- Installed and troubleshot trader system applications.
- Educated traders to new systems and applications.
- Debugged operating system problems.
- Configured all servers and workstations to system requirements.
- Interfaced and monitored market feeds to network domain servers.
- Monitored network traffic and adjust system parameters to increase system performance.