DNA Analyst Resume
DNA analysis is a work area within the forensic science. As the name suggests, the role of a DNA analyst is to analyze the given samples collected from the crime scene and confirm the presence or absence of any relation between two samples. Their conclusion on analysis of samples is crucial as it can prove a suspect guilty or innocent in the court. Most of the DNA analysts work for the local, state or federal government agencies. Some may work with research laboratories or biotechnology companies as well. Their research work includes finding the root cause of diseases or disorders in one's health, remedies against them, ways to improve immunity, etc.
Here is a sample DNA analyst resume that gives a brief description of the role, responsibilities and requirements of this position.
DNA Analyst Resume Example
Timothy M. Cox
2589 Norman Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017
To work as a DNA Analyst with a private research laboratory where I can analyze the genetic origins of tissue samples and their properties that could help in testifying against criminals in the court proceedings.
Summary of Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of different branches of science and tissues sample analysis
- Proficient in using computer, and scientific laboratory equipment
- Skilled in communicating with staff and law personnel
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and report drafting skills
- Ability to inspect crime scene and collect evidence
- Skilled in interviewing witnesses and collecting information
Signature Laboratory, Los Angeles, CA
September 2013 - Present
- Collecting specimens from crime scene investigating officer in the form of skin tissues, hair follicles, nails, saliva, blood, bones, etc. samples to conduct DNA analysis test
- Ensuring accurate identification of lives lost in accidents or natural calamities using updated DNA analysis technology
- Testifying in legal proceedings by conducting DNA tests and settling court disputes concerning parenting or family relationships
- Responsible to ensure safe and successful analysis of the collected samples for DNA testing
- Ensuring integrity with the test findings, reports and all matters of confidential nature
ABC Laboratory, Los Angeles, CA
April 2012 - August 2013
- Ensured compliance of the research activities with the applicable standards, principles, protocols and measures.
- Conducted research activities to decipher the unique genetic code in human body to provide natural immunity against diseases or disorders
- Collected DNA samples from different plant materials and analyze them as per the requirements of the project
- Trained different students with their summer projects, on DNA specifications, methodologies and use in modern times
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology
Matrix University, Los Angeles, CA