Junior Tax Accountant Resume
- Accounting Resume
- Resume for Junior Tax Accountant
If you find taxation interesting and wish to see yourself as a successful tax accountant, then you need to gain respectable experience at the junior level to pursue your dream further. You can begin your career by working as a junior tax accountant and handling responsibilities under the guidance of a senior accountant. Use the given junior tax accountant resume sample to find the best job in the market that will provide you the stepping stone for your future.
A tax accountant is a specialist accountant who has expertise in the taxation policies and methods. Unlike other accountants, he does not handle the accounting procedures required for documenting the everyday transactions of an organization. He is responsible to calculate the taxes payable by the organization on various transactions performed by it in the past accounting year. An organization needs to pay taxes while importing goods, selling goods, acquiring or selling properties, and on the profits earned during the year. Hence, organizations hire a tax accountant to help them file appropriate tax returns. A junior tax accountant provides necessary support to the chief tax accountant in performing his main duties. After gaining sufficient experience, he is eligible to perform the same duties independently.
17N, Maryland Street, Phoenix, AZ
877 - 262 - 1415
To obtain the position as a junior tax accountant where I can furnish my knowledge in tax accounting under the able guidance of a senior. Also, I wish for an opportunity that allows me to work independently and grow in my career.
- Updated with the changes in the accounting principles, accounting standards, taxation policies and filing of accounting statements
- Proficient in reading the accounts, interpreting the trends and computing the taxes paid for the previous term
- Excellent administrative and communication skills that help to interact with departmental heads and external associates
- Self starter and independent individual with the ability to take initiatives and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Highly skilled at making judgments and taking decisions after conducting a detailed research and analysis
Designation: Junior Tax Accountant
Organization Name: Mary and Jones Financial Inc, Phoenix
Duration: January 2010 - till date
- Represent the organization and resolve the taxation disputes, inconsistencies and tax recovery issues with the tax authority
- Advise the organization in planning the business expansion plans by explaining the advantages and disadvantages of paying taxes for the new plans
- Implement the tax deduction strategies devised by the management while ensuring the organization does not evade taxes unlawfully
- Establish contacts with the independent taxation departments of excise, customs, sales, revenue, foreign exchange, etc.
- Perform internal control reviews by verifying the actual accounts with the targeted sales and revenues for that period
- Compute the taxes for sales, income, property deals, imports or exports, etc., and enter them in respective books of accounts
Designation: Tax Accountant Intern
Organization: Meryl Taxation Firm, Phoenix
Duration: September 2008 - December 2009
- Communicate with the walk-in clients and gather information about their financial activities in past year and the current financial position
- Prepare tax files for each client by helping them fill up the requisite forms and attaching the supporting documents
- Explain the various terms and the nature of every type of tax such as property tax, sales tax, business license tax, payroll tax, income tax, etc.
- Examine the new federal laws and state laws in relation with the taxes and make note of the ones that are applicable to the clients
- Liaise with the other accountants and prepare accurate profit and loss accounts and trial balance of the organization
- Certified Public Accountants
State of Arizona
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy
University of Phoenix
- Been an active member of the Taxation Authority of Arizona and Chamber of Commerce, Arizona since 2007
Name: Justin Gilbert
Position: Chief Tax Accountant
Company Name: Mary and Jones Financial Inc, Phoenix
Contact Number: 877 - 696 - 2523
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
This junior tax accountant resume complies with all the protocols that are expected in a professional resume. We hope this template provides you a rough template to base your resume and helps you create a professional resume for your career.