Sample Accounting Resume
- Accounting Resume
- Sample Accounting Resume
This sample accounting resume will give you a quick-start on building an effective and optimized resume for your job application. Visitors can feel free to customize and edit our sample accounting resume as per their requirement for job application. We hope that our sample accounting resume will go a long way in portraying your abilities and skills set efficiently.
1234, West 67 Street,
Carlisle, MA 01741,
Seeking a position as an Accounting Assistant where extensive experience will be further developed and utilized
- Detail-oriented, efficient and organized professional with extensive experience in accounting systems.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to make well thought out decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly trustworthy, discreet and ethical.
- Resourceful in the completion of projects, effective at multi-tasking.
Glen Dara Construction Co., Cambridge, MA 2000 - Present
Stonepark Web Design Inc., Boston, MA 1997 - 2000
- Performed accounts payable functions for construction expenses
- Managed vendor accounts, generating weekly on demand checks
- Managed financial departments with responsibility for Budgets, Forecasting, Payroll, Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Created budgets and forecasts for the management group
- Ensured compliance with accounting deadlines
- Prepared company accounts and tax returns for audit
- Coordinated monthly payroll functions for 200+ employees
- Liaised with bankers, insurers and solicitors regarding financial transactions
Lancer Industries, Copley, Boston, MA 1995 - 1997
- Managed accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll departments
- Generated budgets and forecasts on a quarterly basis and presented to the management team
- Reported on variances in quarterly costing reports
- Prepared annual company accounts and reports
- Administered online banking functions
- Reduced credit period from 90 days to 60 days
- Managed payroll function for 140 employees
- Monitored and recorded company expenses
- Performed general office duties and administrative tasks
- Prepared weekly confidential sales reports for presentation to management
- Managed the internal and external mail functions
- Provided telephone support
- Scheduled client appointments and maintained up-to-date confidential client files
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from the Suffolk University, Boston, MA in 1995
- Certifications: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook Express, Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Office XP Professional
Sample Accounting Resume 2
An attractive accounting resume, in terms of the way in which it provides information, can certainly be quite an important tool in the kit of the job seeker. This sample resume certainly highlights the definitive achievements of a beginner and puts them in a perspective so that the reader of this resume certainly doesn't feel at a first glance that the applicant is a novice. It will impress the people who will read his resume and make him eligible for that important first personal interview. The visitors can use this sample resume for their job application by customizing it and making it suitable according to their requirements.
Phoenix, AZ 85123,
Auditor position in the public accounting field in the Manhattan area
- More than two years of progressive accounting and auditing experience
- Auditor internship with Ernst And Young in New York City
- Magna Cum Laude graduate with BBA in Accounting
- Proficient with MS Office, Windows XP, and the Internet
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, May 2003
- Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.6 on a 4.0 scale
Courses taken included:
- Managerial Accounting Corporate Audit and Reconciliation
- Intermediate Accounting I And II Financial Management
- Accounting I And II Internal Audit
- Accounting for Not-For-Profits Managerial Economics
Auditor Internship, May 2002 to August 2002
Ernst And Young, New York, New York
Accounts Payable/Bookkeeping Clerk, May 2000 to Present
- Participated in the annual audit of Omega Megalithic Holdings, including development of the final certification report
- Participated in quarterly audit of Alpha Bank Corporation, including identification and correction of over twenty major accounting errors
- Developed several Excel spreadsheet macros currently in use for reducing entry time and automatically cross-referencing for errors
- Received Employee of the Month award twice - first intern ever to win the award
Bay town Tax and Bookkeeping Service, Bay town, New York
- Assisted (via remote) with payroll, tax, and account processing.
- Developed automated monthly sales tax payment system.
- Implemented Rapid Tax Refund service for individual customers.
- Vice President, Student Accountancy Chapter, 2002-2003
- Treasurer, Beta Gamma Sigma honors society, 2002-2003
Also see: Accounting Resume