Bus Driver Resume
- Driver Resume
- Bus Driver Resume
Bus driving is a responsible job position in the transport industry which demands the professionals to possess complete knowledge of the driving regulations and transport policies. The bus drivers handle the responsibility of picking up and dropping off the passengers from and to their desired destinations. They implement standard safety measures to ensure the safety of passengers and their vehicles.
Their duties vary according to the firms they work with – schools, universities, corporate offices, government transportation agencies, etc. Apart from driving, they assist the passengers to carry their luggages, acquire fare tickets, and receive suitable responses for their general inquiries or complaints.
Considering a targeted resume for applying for your favored job opportunity is a beneficial technique of taking your job search to the next level. Here is a preferred illustration which will aid you to effectively develop your job application.
Resume Sample of Bus Driver
Daniel H. King
101 The Oval Street
New York, NY 10007
Career Profile: Bus driver with over 5 years of driving experience on the streets of New York and California. Holds NVQ Level 2 in Road Passenger Transport and BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Travel and Tourism. Possesses all necessary and updated legal documents.
Job Objective: Seeking an employment opportunity as a bus driver with a travel company which provides intrastate and interstate passenger transport services.
Skills and Qualities:
- Ability to drive safely and speedily (when required) on all kinds of roads and in varied traffic conditions
- Cognizant with all driving regulations and rules including the vehicle maintenance norms and practices
- Familiar with most of the routes in the states of New York and California including all major routes in the neighboring states
- Well versed with the primary repairing procedures of standard buses
- Knowledge of basic motor maintenance
- Ability to maintain a healthy temperament while handling disagreeable and impolite passengers
- Ability to follow instructions properly and operate with minimum supervision
- Non user of drugs and alcohol
Bus Driver, 2013 - Till Date
Springdale High School, New York, NY
- Followed all the rules designed for the safety of students. Besides, maintained safety measures while handling the students when they board and step down from the bus and cross the roads
- Followed strict time table to drop off and pick up the students and teachers
- Regulated systems such as lightning, heating, and ventilation as per the passengers' comfort and preferences
- Provided guidance for elementary school students to safely cross the roads
- Followed all geographical and verbal directions by reading and studying the route maps
- Maintained cleanliness in the interior of the bus
- Performed minor repairing of the vehicle as needed
- Prepared reports displaying the number of passengers and trips
- Reported serious situations such as accidents, delays, bus breakdowns, etc., using hand phones and other communicating equipment
- Ensured that the vehicle is in good condition to conduct daily trips by checking brakes, tires, lights, oil, fuel, safety equipment, water level, etc.
Bus Driver, 2008 - 2013
Elite Travels Ltd., Los Angeles, CA
- Studied the transport time tables and planned appropriate itineraries to help the passengers reach their individual destinations without any delay
- Collected cash fares and tickets
- Helped passengers in loading and unloading their luggages
- Responded to the queries and concerns of the passengers in a timely manner
- Executed pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Changed and repaired tires and looked after the overall maintenance of the vehicles
- High School Diploma, 2008
New York University, NY
- Commercial Driving Course (8 weeks), 2009
Golden Gate Driving School, NY
CDL Class A, New York State