Surgical Nurse Resume
- Nursing Resume
- Surgical Nurse Resume
Surgical nurses take care of patients before and after surgery. They give medicines to patients and conduct various tests before the surgery. They monitor patients and submit reports to the surgeon. During the operation, the nurses provide necessary surgical instruments, keep a watch on patient's response and signs, etc. The jobholders have to be skilled in tracheotomy, ventilator, and dressing of burn patients. They must be experienced in taking care of patient discharge, home care and occupational therapy. Some medical settings also require them to plan budget for the nursing unit. Their daily chore include co-ordinating with the staff, communicating with doctors and senior health care authorities, dealing with patients and their family members, taking care of patients before and after the surgery, providing head charge in a surgical unit, and treatments on scheduled time.
Sample Surgical Nurse Resume
Mercy B. Dewitt
4439 Red Bud Lane
Newark, NJ 07102
To work as a surgical nurse with “St. Xavier's Hospital,” following established protocols and procedures for diagnosing and treating surgery patients.
Summary of Skills:
- Experienced and specialized in the tracheotomy care, physical therapy, ventilator and dressing of burn patients.
- Ability to plan, and coordinate admission and discharge, home care, occupational therapist, etc.
- Skilled in demonstrating physical movements to patients struggling with movements
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
ABC Hospital, Newark, NJ
October 2014 - Present
- Responsible for budgeting, coordination of the staff, and monitoring of patients' conditions
- Communicating with the doctors and senior health care authorities for improving patient care
- Conversing with patient and family members and keeping them informed on medical procedures
- Preparing brochures for patients and their families, and participating in the preparation of medical educational videos
- Participating in various workshops and in post-operation care
- Helping surgeons before, during and after surgery
United Health Care Center, Newark, NJ
February 2013 - September 2014
- Assisted doctors and surgeons in helping patients recover with medications and other treatments
- Coordinated with the dietitians in case of the GIT surgery patients
- Managed chronic and critical patients under supervision of doctors
- Documented various papers related to admission, discharge, and transfer of patients
- Maintained a detailed report of the reports, diagnosis made and changes noticed
- Assisted other nurse in preparing discharge documents
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing
Newark University, Newark, NJ