Accounting Clerk Resume
- Accounting Resume
- Accounting Clerk Resume
Accounting clerks are responsible to collect, process accounts receivable and payable. They have variety of tasks in order to keep close track of the flow of money. They match order forms with invoices and code them by putting in batches. This information is then entered into computerized accounting system. Custom designed computerized programs are used by organizations to enter information, while others use off the shelf software. You have to verify the data after entering.
Accounting clerk prepare journal entries and requisitions for cheques. Distribution of cheques and payments to the right place is important for them. They use financial information stored in computer to answer the questions related to specific accounts and general issues. They also do other duties like filing, answering the phone and other related duties. They produce monthly statements of accounts and relating to taxes. Accounting clerk also provide information relating to finance and accounting.
This is a sample resume of an accounting clerk who wants to garner more experience in his field. This resume delineates the specific skill sets of the particular applicant. This resume first summarizes the experience so that the employers can gather it with a quick glance and then it further goes on and elaborates that experience, filling in the necessary details. The visitors can freely use this resume for their job applications by customizing it according to their qualifications and necessities. We surely hope that this sample provides you with some useful help for your job search.
Sample Accounting Clerk Resume 1
R. B. Smith
4309 100 Linking ST,
San Francisco, CA, USA
To get a position as an accounts clerk and to gain further experience in accounting field.
- Efficiently managed every accounting tasks handled over by team supervisors and completed tasks to satisfaction
- Have knowledge on accounting practices and procedure
- Adept in using QuickBooks
Accounting Clerk, July 20XX to Present
ABC Accounting Services, San Francisco
Bookkeeper, July 20XX to August 20XX
- Handled the complete accounting cycle, including opening, posting entries and closing of accounts and preparation of various accounting reports
- Introduced work process that increased work productivity and received appreciation from senior members on the same
Ocean Shipping Inc, San Francisco
- Handled accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepared sales invoice and various shipment related invoice
20XX to 20XX Howards College, San Francisco
Completed a Diploma in Accountancy
- Fast typing speed
- Having basic computer skills such as Word and Excel. Able to grasp any new accounting software functionality
Furnished upon request
Sample Accounting Clerk Resume 2
1234, West 67 Street,
Carlisle, MA 01741,
Looking for the greatest opportunity to work as an Accounting Clerk for a reputed company.
- More than four years experience.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Excellent ability to sort, count, to check and verify numbers.
- Knowledge of university accounting procedures involving travel, procurement and employment.
- Good record maintenance skills.
- Excellent account balancing skills.
- Ability to use an automated accounting system.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft word, Excel, Power point and access.
- Typing with speed of 40 wpm.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- MS Excel
Rainbow Collage, Tarrytown, NY
- Responsible for preparation of purchase, personnel, travel and related documents.
- Responsible for distribute and file financial documents and reports.
- Prepared batches for processing involving sorting, running tapes and alphabetizing to verify hash counts and totals.
- Responsible to handle cash and cash related transactions, record and type money list, issue receipts and balance cash fund.
- Responsible to arrange travel and meetings.
- Prepared routine entries and post financial transactions.
- Responsible to match supporting invoices to procurement documents and verify invoices for payment, sort document, code, log and review of accuracy.
- Made research on processing problems and contact vendors and department to resolve problems.
- Responsible to respond to inquiries by telephone.
- Helped in preparation of financial statements including budgets, billings and cost reports.
- Help to ordering, maintenance, care and utilization of department equipments, inventories and supplies.
- Responsible to verify account numbers, maintain annual and sick leave and other payroll records.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
New York University, NY
Associate degree in Accounting
Available upon request.
For more accounting clerk resume, check this page on accounting clerk resume.
Also see: Accounting Clerk Resume