Letter of recommendation is a document that is used to create a positive outlook for a product/person. It praises the features and unique qualities of a person/product. It includes a detailed analysis of the strengths and capabilities of the person/product. Although the core nature of the two letters is same, both the letters differ in its purpose and format. For your reference, here are the guidelines that show how a letter of recommendation of a product varies from that of a product.
Recommendation Letter of a Person
This referrer drafts the recommendation letter in praise of a person and puts the stress on his qualities and strengths. The letter includes those key qualities that prove the person efficient and capable in his work and responsibilities. Additionally, the letter becomes a character certificate when it speaks of the person's personality traits. The candidate uses the letter in support of his application.
Who writes them?
- Employer: The employers, with whom the candidate has previously worked, advocate the strengths of the candidate to show that they are suitable for the job. This type of letter is called as employment letter of recommendation.
- Academic Authorities: Academic authorities include headmasters, department heads or professors of the candidate's institutes or universities. The letter helps to portray the candidate as a dedicated, ambitious and sincere student so that they gain admission in institutes of their choice.
- In case the letter of recommendation is a character certificate, then any associate (friends, family colleagues) can write the letter. More than the skills or capacities of the candidate, this letter praises the person's characteristics like honesty, sincerity, dedication etc.
What it includes?
- Name, designation, credentials and professional details of the Referrer
- Candidate's name and basic educational/ work details
- Details of candidate's strengths, skills, suitability towards the position and unique abilities
- To gain your dream job
- To get an admission in your dream institute
- To complete any legal procedure
- To win awards / competitions
Recommendation Letter of a Product
Recommendation letter of a product is a product review that explains the different features, positives and advantages of a product. It is a product analysis done with the view of promoting the product in the market.
Who writes them?
- Product Reviewer: A product reviewer is an expert who has the knowledge and expertise in evaluating a product and rating it as good or bad. Hence, consumers consider his opinions or views as valid and genuine.
- Previous User: A previous user can share his experience of using the product and the benefits achieved from the use. All prospective users can relate with the product user due to similar expectations and needs. Therefore, the review of a previous user is more effective in convincing future users.
- Product Manufacturer: The product manufacturer may write the recommendation letter. They are aware of the whole procedure that goes into making the product. Thus, he can assure the users of the quality and the satisfaction from using the product.
What it includes?
- Product's features
- Product's uses and advantages to the consumers
- Product's unique qualities
- To promote a product and create demand for it in the market
- To survive competition by gaining an edge over competing products
- To assure consumers of product's quality, efficiency and utility
We have attempted at differentiating the recommendation letters for person and product on basis of meaning, purposes and format. The above points will help you understand how letter of recommendation of a product varies from that of a person