Getting invited for an interview is an achievement in itself. It means that your resume has created an overall good impression about your candidature. An interview is a final step towards securing your dream job.
Preparing for a job interview is an important step towards a positive outcome. Right amount of confidence with these following interview tips will lead to a successful result.
Interview Tips to Remember Before the Interview
- First, read the interview letter carefully and list out their requirements for the interview.
- Always draft a reply to the interview letter confirming the date, time and location of the scheduled interview. In case of doubt, do mention it in the letter and ask for a clarification.
- Be on time. You may have to complete certain formalities before the actual interview. Thus, make sure you reach the venue at least 15 minutes earlier.
- Let the receptionist know about your arrival.
- Carry your interview letter with you.
- Carry extra copies of your resume. You may have to distribute them to the department heads for filing purposes.
- In case, you are required to bring your certificates and/or references, make sure you have them ready and neatly filed.
- Be neatly attired. A clean and a professional dressing style is a sure way to impress the panel of interviewers.
- Be well versed with your profile. You may have to elaborate your resume verbally to the interviewers.
- Take some time to gather information about the company to which you have applied. Visiting their website and reading reviews will give you an insight into the company and will also prepare you for any discussions regarding the company.
Interview Tips to Remember During the Interview
- Always knock before you enter. Out of nervousness, many candidates forget this basic etiquette which is unacceptable.
- Greet each panelist with a smile on your face. A pleasing and calm demeanor soothes the initial tension.
- An eye contact spells your confidence. Maintain eye contact with your interviewers while responding to their questions.
- Your body language also speaks a lot about your personality. In fact, panelists can expertly decipher your body language and make out how involved you are during the ongoing rendezvous.
- Be eloquent about your past achievements. Highlight those accomplishments that address to your current job application.
- Clearly define your aims and objectives and underline your qualities.
- Speaking too much or too less is definitely not recommended. While it is expected that you elaborate your replies, drifting from the original subject should be avoided at every cost.
- Avoid interrupting any panelist. Listen to what they have to say and speak only when they have completed their question.
- Similarly, reply to every question truthfully. A white lie can be very disastrous if the panelist asks you to verify your statements.
- Stay calm throughout the interview. Do not fumble or stammer. If you do not understand their point of view, politely ask them to rephrase their statements and reply accordingly.
- At the end of the interview, you may be asked if you have any questions. Be prepared with a list of 4-5 related questions. Putting your doubts across will let them know of your logical and analytical thinking process. You can also ask in what way the company can contribute to your career growth.
- Discussing your salary package should be handled with care. Avoid quoting an unreasonable amount. Weigh your responsibilities, capabilities and your role in the organization and negotiate accordingly.
- Avoid bad mouthing your previous employer. Negative comments will only help them to evaluate your approach towards the current organization.
- Finally, close your interview by gracefully thanking the panelist for the meeting.
Interview Tips to Remember After the Interview
Remember to send a brief thank you note for the opportunity given to discuss the prospective employment.
Keeping these interview tips handy will help you to perform well in an interview. Remember to sell yourself hard but in a modest way.
Interview Tips For Different Kind of Interviews
Here are some interview tips for various kinds of interviews:
To get some more interview tips and tricks, Check out the links Belows