Travel Counselor Resume
People love traveling and travel counselors recognize and try to meet the traveling needs of the customers. These counselors promote and sell travel products generally from a retail outlet. Moreover, they are supposed to provide counseling to customers regarding attractive travel packages and schemes so that both the customers as well as the travel agency get the due benefits.
A travel counselor needs to be an impressive candidate with good command over written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. These professionals should be proficient in multitasking and should have thorough knowledge about travel products, destinations and packages offered.
Applying for a job
Provided below is a sample travel counselor resume for your reference. Check how relevant information related to education, skills and experience is mentioned in precise manner. Customize this sample according to your needs when you apply for a job.
Travel Counselor Resume Example
403 Renaissance Center
Email id- email@example.com
Looking for a post of a travel counselor in a reputed travel agency on basis of thorough grasp of the travel industry and a diploma in travel and tourism.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Innate propensity to interact with people
- Thorough knowledge with practical competence in the field of travel and tourism
- Proficiency in both oral and written communication
- Proven ability to attract customers through impressive interactions
- Innovative bent of mind which gives a call to many novel tourism ideas
- Proven ability in multitasking
- Ability to deal with customer complaints and suggest ways to the agency to overcome any flaws in services and performance
- High level proficiency in computer applications like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power point
First Flight Tourism Services, Detroit
April 2013 - Present
- Provided counseling to customers regarding attractive and beneficial travel schemes and products
- Advised customers regarding passport, visas, vaccinations, exchange of foreign currency, excursions in resorts etc.
- Handled planning and execution of complicated itineraries
- Handled orders, registrations and payments
- Dealt patiently with complaints of customers if any and provided feedback to management for betterment of services
Bon Voyage, Detroit
February 2010 - March 2013
- Booking local and international tickets and arranging for hospitality needs of customers
- Interacting with clients and vendors to maintain strong professional relationships
- Communicating information about itineraries and fares with clients
- Advising customers about proper travel planning
- Dealing with customer complaints and ensuring these are resolved amicably
Diploma Holder in Travel and Tourism, Michigan University