Book Designer Resume
The work of a book designer begins once an author finishes writing the final manuscript of his/her book. He takes the typed or hand-written text and lay out in a systematic order with index and tables. He does the typesetting, designs cover pages, and create a dummy book before sending it for binding. Once the layout and page sequences are finalized, he makes the printable copy along with color separation and sends to the printer.
Book designing is an interesting career option which requires highly skilled and creative professionals. A person wishing to join this profession must have a relevant degree in arts or designing and/or previous experience in the said domain. Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, internet and e-mail is mandatory for him or her. In addition, knowledge of industry standards, fonts, color scheme and designing principles is also preferred for the job position. All these skills and qualifications if combined can make for an excellent book designer.
Book Designer Resume Example
224, Clarke Avenue, Off West State Highway
Columbia, South Carolina 21149
Looking for the position of a book designer in a reputed organization where I can design page layout, cover pages, and indexes for books to be published.
Summary of Skills:
- In-depth knowledge and vast experience of designing books, magazines, in-house journals, etc. of different genres
- Excellent conceptualization and designing skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Paint Shop Pro, MS Office with a typing speed of 80 words per minute
- Ability to deliver quality and satisfactory designs within schedule
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with equal attention to every project
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
March 2012 - present
- Provide solutions for cover design, artwork, typesetting, paper and cover specifications
- Design in-house magazine for "Samson Industries" incorporating graphical illustrations of different products
- Create cover for collector's edition of "Gloria Gorge" by Sesto Timberlake
- Translate books and novels into other languages using "Translator Tutor"
- Provide enhanced binding solutions for different encyclopedias and novels exceeding 800 pages
- Perform pagination for books working closely with authors
- Ensure paper and print quality of books are as per clients' demand
Blue Hill Publications, Columbia, South Carolina
January 2010 - February 2012
- Designed different specifications for final publication of books, novels, magazines, newspapers and in-house magazines
- Created animated artwork for children's comics
- Provided cost-cutting solutions for material purchase through liaising with suppliers
- Designed catalogs and promotional brochures for newly launched magazines to create awareness
- Organized and directed photo shoots for magazine and novel covers
- Prepared dummy books and got approval before sending them for printing
- Bachelor's Degree in Media Designing
South Carolina Arts University, Columbia, South Carolina
Available on request.