Costume Designer Resume
Costume designers are responsible for designing costumes for actors involved in theater, television, opera, films and stage performances. They work as a team member of design and production units. They collaborate with script writers, producers, and directors to analyze costume requirements according to demand of characterization. They have to understand the theme and characters and design costumes accordingly so that actors look can fit with the story. They also have to suggest for complementary accessories along with the costumes.
The job of a costume designer is challenging and highly creative. The aspirants must pose requisite educational qualifications along with skills like sketching, drawing, stitching and creating patterns that match the characters' personality. They may also have to create prototypes of existing costumes and buy fabrics and raw material to design costumes.
Costume Designer Resume Example
C-3, Pebble Apartments, Lamington Street
Los Angeles, California 22801
Costumes play an important role in presenting stories and making actors look part of the project. I want to use this concept for your production company by working as a costume designer and give the right look to characters with my costumes.
Summary of Skills:
- Vast experience in costume designing for all genres of films, television programs, theater, stage performances, etc.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Paint Shop Pro, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of costume and accessory requirements for different themes and periods
- Ability to create identical prototypes from existing designs
- Skilled in sewing, researching, and purchasing materials for costume designing
- Ability to stick and produce results within set budget
- Vast knowledge of history and latest fashion trends
- Skilled in marketing, fashion designing, and interpreting stories
Olay Designs, Los Angeles, California
March 2012 - present
- Involve in different projects as the lead costume designer and handle a team of five designers
- Discuss the script and theme with the script writers, directors and producers to understand the project requirements
- Research for historical films and plays to analyze costume requirements accordingly
- Provide rough designs for every costume along with the complementary accessories
- Design costumes for the lead actors and supporting characters in every project
- Design specialized costumes for many sci-fi films such as "Aliens Land", "Alive in Space", "After the After Life", etc.
Cosmopolitan Designers, Los Angeles, California
July 2010 - February 2012
- Designed costumes for different characters as per the project requirement
- Assisted lead designer in research for period films and plays
- Took measurements of the whole cast for stitching costumes
- Purchased fabrics and raw materials required for the project
- Provided budget estimate and cost specifications to the production department
- Created prototypes and got them approved before proceeding with production
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Designing
National Institute of Fashion Technology, Los Angeles, California
Available on request.