Furniture Designer Resume
Furniture designer resume, if written in a professional format, creates a positive impression on the reader and also increases your chances of selection for a job or an interview.
Furniture designers are the artisans who design furnitures for home and office use. They have the technical skills to design and develop couches, beds, tables, chairs, and many items possibly made by woods. Their role is to create unique design and help their employers in generating sales and gaining customers. They may also work independently and sell their skills to furnitures stores or furniture manufacturing companies.
A job application for furniture designer position must show creative and technical skills. It should also show the applicant as an expert in identifying quality of wood and selecting them for furniture work.
Furniture Designer Resume Example
Gary M. Dry
3690 Passaic Street
Newark, NJ 07102
To work as a furniture designer for a reputed interior designing firm and contribute my creative and technical skills in designing latest and modern furniture for corporate and residential clients.
Summary of Skills:
- Experienced in designing all types of furniture
- Strong knowledge of wood quality and usage
- Skilled in mathematical calculation and application of geometry principles
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, and space planning software and equipment
- Adept with computer-aided programming software
- Skilled in managing and coordinating multiple projects at once
- Maturity and professionalism in listening to and meeting customers' expectations
Willow Furniture & Interior, Newark, NJ
June 2012 - Present
- Performing planning and furnishing work for corporate and residential clients
- Coordinating with project managers for pre and post sales designs
- Consulting customers, identifying their furniture needs, and planning accordingly
- Applying space planning principles and determining the type of furniture to fit
- Referring floor plans, isometrics, and blueprints to analyze the furniture design
- Recommending selection of quality wood for furniture manufacturing
- Working closely with the interior decorators and assisting them in improving overal looks of the space
Rebecca Furniture & Interiors, Newark, NJ
April 2010 - May 2012
- Prepared sketches and freehand design for various types of furniture
- Designed custom pieces matching to the taste and personality of clients
- Prepared prototypes and obtained approval from customers and management
- Created estimates, budget and schedules for projects
- Used 3D design software and AutoCAD and developed unique furnishing designs
- Visited and inspected sites and calculated space for furniture
- Repaired and maintained old furniture and gave them new looks
Bachelor's Degree in Interior Designing
Staples College, Newark, NJ
Available on request.