Network Designer Resume
Network designers study business requirements and develop the overall networking solutions including LAN/WAN infrastructure, routing, directory services, installation of different drivers and components as well as all security and updates required for smooth functioning of computer systems in the organization. These professionals are also responsible to provide resolution and troubleshoot assistance for any technical issues that may arise within the network.
Applying for a job
Mentioning your skills and qualifications and your competency with different routers, servers, switches, gauntlets, firewalls and other networking tools in your profile document is necessary for this profile. Describe your previous work experiences in reverse chronological order with detailed job description and projects you have worked in. Academic qualifications and additional certificate courses must also follow in reverse chronological order.
Go through the sample networking designer resume below to learn more about the process.
Network Designer Resume Example
224, Silver Gardens, Off East Interstate Highway
Denver, Colorado 41170
A certified network engineer with a Master's degree in Computer Science and in-depth working knowledge about networks in big organizations, seeks to work as a network designer for a reputed company.
- Hardware: Citrix, Dell, Cisco, Microwave, Satellite, IBM, Compaq, etc.
- Software: McAfee, Norton, MS Office Suite, Data Resurrection, Intranet, SERVER Pro, Lotus Suite, IT Notes, Symantec, etc.
- Operating Systems: Windows (all variants), UNIX, Linux, Mac OS
- In-depth knowledge and experience in network designing for varied business requirements and system configurations
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Adaptable to work under the most stressed environments without losing focus and patience
- Passionate to enhance my productivity through continuous learning
- Ability to develop excellent rapport with colleagues and clients
- Multitasking and prioritizing skills
August 2013 - Present
- Analyzed the business requirements of various organizations, developed networking plans and presented these to project manager and clients
- Configured the WAN infrastructure, routers, servers and firewalls and performed installation with custom user rights
- Configured VPNgateways and advanced intrusion detection systems
- Provided pre and post installation technical support for networking systems
- Redeveloped networking of existing systems for various clients and configured computers accordingly
- Developed all upgrade patches and performed hardware maintenance
- Provided database management solutions and performed database migration for various clients
- Maintained project reports and designer diagrams for cable management
Silicon Island Technologies
January 2010 - July 2013
- Configured and installed networking systems including routers, modems, firewalls, intrusion detectors and gauntlets
- Diagnosed and resolved all technical issues pertaining to networking systems for existing and new installations
- Provided disaster recovery plans to avoid loss of critical data and information from the server
- Designed components for P2P sharing of files within the network with a capacity of 1 GB transfer per minute
- Developed data duplication tool for automated backup of data on server
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Certified Network Engineer, Softech Institute, Colorado
- Degree: Master's Degree in Computer Science, Colorado Technical University