How to Answer Bank Teller Interview Questions
A bank teller's job is one of the most interesting and challenging jobs in a bank. A teller should have the expertise in banking techniques and customer service. Customer service is more important for a teller as the bank expects more deposits from the customers. A bank teller should possess knowledge of the bank's daily activities and problem solving abilities in times of emergencies.
A bank teller interview is a real test for the candidate's honesty and loyalty. The teller job involves many cash transactions. Therefore, the candidate should be an honest person. Teller interview questions focus on extracting the truth about the candidate's honesty. Interview questions for a bank teller job consist of questions related to banking techniques, customer service skills and honesty.
Practical knowledge will help in answering banking related questions. Case questions on handling customers are common. Giving examples of customer handling experience is a good way to answer case questions. Questions related to honesty and loyalty deal with cash handling, honesty of colleague and telling lies.
The following are questions frequently asked in a bank teller interview. Nature and number questions may vary based on experience.
- Tell us about yourself.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why did you choose this profession?
- What are the basic qualities for a teller job?
- Do you have all of them?
- What do you like most in this job?
- What is the factor you dislike most in this job?
- How does your experience relate to the job requirements?
- Have you been criticized for a good work?
- Have you been awarded for good work?
- How will you measure a person's honesty?
- How would your current employer respond about your honesty?
- How would you handle a situation where you came to know about an employee stealing?
- Have you told a lie for a good outcome?
- What would you do if you learnt that you gave extra cash to a customer?
- How would you handle an irate customer?
- How would you handle an aged person waiting for a transaction?
- Rate yourself in terms of customer service skills 1 to 10.
- How would your colleague rate you in terms of customer service skills 1 to 10?
- How would your boss rate you in terms of customer service skills 1 to 10?
- What is the procedure to start a savings account?
- Explain in detail any one of your bank's products.
- What are our bank's products?
- What are fixed assets?
- What are the services available for money transfer?
- What are the types of loans?
- What do you understand of the term healthcare insurance?
- How would you react to a fraudulent check?
- How would you canvass the bank's products to a friend?
- How will you report a suspicious transaction?
- How do you communicate your boss?
- Are you comfortable with teamwork?
- How is teamwork important in a bank job?
- What is an ideal day in office for a teller?
- What is your worst experience in office?
- What are your hobbies?
The questions should be answered in a clear voice. This enables the interviewer to understand the candidate's skills properly. Stress inducing questions should be answered with caution.