Software Development Engineer Interview Questions
SDET Interview Questions
SDET or, a software development engineer in test is not just responsible for software development but also writes and develops automations frameworks and scripts. A software developer�s job is mainly described by coding, testing and fixing bugs. Thus, while appearing for the interview, make sure you are proficient with all that is mentioned above.
General interviewing questions for software development engineer :
- Give us a short summary of yourself within 2 minutes.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years� time?
- Do you think your career option as a software development engineer is fruitful in a long run?
- What prompted you to be a software developer?
- What do you think will be you daily routine in the office?
- What makes you a capable software engineer?
- Which of your weaknesses would you like to overcome? Why?
- What skills are required to be an efficient tester and coder?
- How much experience do you have in this field? / How long have you worked as a software developer?
- What kinds of challenges have you had to face as a tester?
- What was your greatest achievement as a tester/ coder?
Specific interviewing questions for software development engineer :
- Tell us about a few codes that you have written.
- Can you convert ASCII string to integer? How would you do it? Explain with the help of an example.
- How would you explain what is adhoc testing?
- Can you write a function to find out if a given number is a power of 5?
- Here is a UI of one of our applications. Can you test it out?
- How would you search an element from array?
- Tell us about your experience in writing test plans.
- Explain the concept of regression testing.
- What is an InStr function? Can you write test cases for InStr?
- What do you think is the difference between the responsibilities of SDE and SDET?
- Without using loops, can you write a function that prints the number from 1 to 50 in a serial order?
- Can you tell us the difference between Java and C#?
- Differentiate between severity and priority.
- How would you compile a bug report? What would it consist?
- What is Beta testing and Specifications testing? What is the difference between them?
- Name and explain the different categories that test cases are generally grouped by.
- Can you reverse a string? Give us an example.