Assistant Pharmacy Manager Responsibilities
The assistant pharmacy manager works under the guidance of pharmacy manager but the job of the assistant pharmacy manager is equally important. He has to take care of a number of necessary things. He coordinates pharmacy schedule, reviews pharmacy sales, expenses and productivity figures. Furthermore, he also monitors the profits and losses encountered by the company. The assistant pharmacy manager is responsible for separating from the dispensing stock all pharmaceuticals that has exceeded 6 months of time.
The assistant manager is one of the highest posts in a pharmacy organization and hence, has many responsibilities. The pharmacy manager shall ensure that only licensed pharmacists practice pharmacy, they should also make sure that no person with the license is allowed to operate in pharmacy. The assistant pharmacist also keeps a database of the entire inventory present in the organization so that whenever required the organization is able to provide the required medicine to the shops or other outlets for distribution.
Some of the major responsibilities of the assistant pharmacist manager are given below in detail so as to provide assistance to the prospective assistant pharmacy managers.
Assistant pharmacy manager responsibilities in detail
There are a number of responsibilities that are taken care by the assistant pharmacy manager. Some of the major responsibilities of an assistant pharmacy manager are given below in detail:
- Assistant pharmacy manager looks after his sub ordinates, trains the new employees and also recommends the superiors as to who should be finally recruited as this job requires a lot of skills
- Another major responsibility of the assistant pharmacy manager is to maintain inventory levels properly and he is also responsible for preparing accurate records of the products that are brought or sold by the pharmacy manager
- Assistant pharmacy manager responsibilities also include keeping the information of the patient secret. The information regarding the treatments and medication should not be told to anyone
- He is also responsible to cater the queries of the public. He is responsible to answer any question they have regarding the medicines, merchandise and the services provided by the organization
Skills of an assistant pharmacy manager
The job of assistant pharmacy manager requires a lot of skills. He has to be well versed with his duties and responsibilities so that he can manage all the skillful tasks properly. Some of the major skills of an assistant pharmacy manager are given below:
- The assistant pharmacist manager should have good communication skills so that he can keep his views in front of others properly and can understand what others try to say. He should be intelligent and witty at the same time so as to convince people with what he thinks is more authentic
- He should have good customer service skills so that he can satisfy the customers. If the customers are satisfied, only then will they return. The profits and losses of the pharmaceutical company depends upon the customer servicing strategies applied by the assistant pharmacy manager
- Assistant pharmacy manager should have complete and detailed knowledge about the medicines and there proper uses, only then he can advice people to take them. Without the proper knowledge about the medicines, the assistant pharmacy manager should not advice people about it, it may lead to legal proceedings
- He should have basic knowledge of pharmacy computer systems
The educational requirements of an assistant pharmacy manager are given below:
- Graduation in Pharmacy
- Post graduation in a field relating to medicine
- To become an assistant pharmacy manager the person should be good in communicating with others
- A prior work experience of at least 3 years in required in this field
Pharmacy is a fast growing stream and there is a lot of scope for assistant pharmacy manager. The assistant pharmacy manager may be promoted to the post of pharmacy manager. If the person has proper knowledge about the medicines, he can also start his own business.