Associate Member of the Technical Staff Responsibilities
The associate member of the technical staff responsibilities include a number of things from deciding the software and hardware to their installation, to answering the queries related to it and the repairs that follow. The associate member of the technical staff should be efficient communicator so as to give orders and also take orders from the superiors. The associate member of the technical staff report his duties to the manager of the technical staff. He serves as the direct link of communication between the chief technology officer and the other employees. The duties should be performed with perfection so that he might get promoted soon.
Associate Member of Technical Staff Responsibilities in detail
The associate member of the technical staff has a lot of responsibilities and to perform them with perfection is his major aim. Some of the main responsibilities of the associate member of the technical staff are given below:
- Selection: The associate member of the technical staff determine what software's and hardware's should be used in the organization. He makes sure that the software's used are appropriate and suitable for the organization
- Administration: He has to administer all the computer systems and make sure that all of the systems work effectively. He has to be specific while deciding the systems and other software's so as to avoid any kind of flaws
- Database: The associate member of the technical staff prepares the database of the hardware's, software's and when and where they are used. He also sees to it that the data provided is authentic and accurate so as to avoid any kind of faults.
Skills of associate members of technical staff
There are a number of functions that are to be performed by the associate member of the technical staff and for that he should be skillful. Some of the major skills of the associate member of the technical staff are given below:
- Managerial skills: The associate member of the technical staff should have excellent managerial qualities in order to manage the men and work tactfully. This requires a lot of brains and presence of mind. He should be well aware of how to tackle things even at the time of emergency
- Computer language: He should have good computing skills. Also, he should know how to use the computers
- properly and solve problems relating to it, if any. The associate member of the technical staff should enjoy his work only then can he deliver the best performance
- Communication skills: The associate member of the technical staff should have exemplary communication skills so that he can effectively communicate with the superiors, subordinates and the clients of the organization. He should be effective in written as well as oral communication so as to be able to convey his ideas and thoughts to others. Also, he should be a patient listener in order to listen to the queries and doubts of the associate member of the staff. He should not interrupt in between and should be able to answer the queries
The person should be highly qualified to become associate member of the technical staff as he performs various tasks that can be performed by a person with high IQ level. The educational qualification of the associate member of the technical staff is given below:
- Bachelor's of Computer Application
- Master's of Computer Application
- A prior work experience of at least 4 years in the same field with the proper knowledge of the activities that he needs to perform
The career scope of the associate member of the technical staff is high. The stream is a widely growing stream and the rewards attached with it are high as well. The work of the associate member of the technical staff requires a lot of hard work and the opportunities that will follow would be high. He might get promoted to the post of manager of the technical staff but for that he should be exceptionally excellent in his work. He might also try in other bigger organizations so as to get a hike in the professional position as well as salary.