Gold Associate Responsibilities
The gold associate responsibilities include helping the customers with buying gold and jewelleries from his store and displaying the same to them. He replies to the queries of the clients and shares his knowledge about the gold jewelery with them. He places the gold items back to their places as soon as it is decided that the client is not buying that particular item. Informing the client about the quality of these items and their durability is something that every gold associate does.
He also weighs the gold and places their actual worth against the weight of the same. He even tells the clients about the cost programs, the returning plans, rules and regulations and other services that are available and offered with those particular gold items. A gold associate's main responsibility lies in satisfying the customers and answering any doubts the same may be having.
He has the following key responsibilities:
- Informing the customers about the latest golden items that have come into the market and settling all the client matters irrespective of their content
- Discussing the pros and cons of each and every golden item that is desired by the customers
- Introducing the clients with new golden items and various ways and means of maintaining the same
- Talking to the clients about the methods and procedures of mending, shaping and enhancing the golden necklaces or items
- Interacting with the clients and informing them about the quality and standards set by each of the gold items of his store in the markets
- Convincing the clients that the gold they buy are very durable and of good quality
- Arranging the gold items properly in his store in such a way that they look amazing and attractive
- Sanitizing and taking care of the areas where these gold items are kept and are displayed to the clients
- Ensuring that these gold items are sold to the clients as early as possible
- Making sure that he gains from these transactions and updating himself with the active and existing gold designs and various gold trends in the market
- Calling up the gross sales section of the store and telling them to pack the gold items carefully and receiving the costs for those from the clients, once they have made up their minds to buy the same
- Guiding the clients through various other methods and procedures of buying the gold, in case they don't want to buy the same through cash
- Executing accounting entry draft operations before settling the requests of the clients
- Collecting the bills, stacking them together and summing up their values
- Storing the payment, other bills and paperwork in the safety locker of the store and locking it properly
- Examining the stock listings sincerely and persuing the merchandises and framework in the mind
- Submitting entries and data in the workbook as per the policies and standards of the store
- Organizing paper work and documented reports and presenting them to his administrator on a regular manner
- Upholding the rules and modulations of the store and placing surveillance and CCTV cameras in and around the store area in order to maintain safety
- Informing his administrator about damages, thefts or fishy behaviour in and around the store
- Settling the matters of conflicts in the store and informing his administrator about the same in case he is not able to deal with them himself
- Collaborating with other workers while showing many gold items at the same time to the clients, in order to avoid tediousness and facilitating effective gold retailing
- Ensuring that the golden stock listings are placed back in their respective case boxes from where they were taken
- Organizing the culminations of the accounts at the end of every month and revising and checking the entire workbook methods, procedures and records
- Preparing internal gold auditing records and studying, examining and evaluating all the operations conducted in the premises and informing their details to the administrator of the store
- Estimating the overall business conditions or status of his gold retail store
- Adopting certain measures and enforcing the application of modifications in the store in order to enhance the profitability of the same
- Settling the business differences in the store and assisting the businessmen in sorting out the matters related to gold operations
- Performing some operations in the safety and stock rooms of the store in order to meet the requirements of the trade
- Doing all other jobs and quenching the thirst of the duties that fit into his terrritory and area of work
Qualifications and Skills Required
There is no need to acquire a particular degree or course to become a gold associate. A gold associate needs to have expertise over activities like gold shaping, mending and sanitizing. He could learn all these skills from the particular store that would hire him. There are certain programs and courses offered by colleges and universities where the candidates are taught the required skills. He needs to be observant and pay attention to what is being done by him. He should have also good customer service, communication and helping skills. These skills would really help him to become an expert gold associate.
A gold associate works in a store that has various sections, some of them pertaining to repairs and the others pertaining to giving them proper shape and design. Some of the sections are dingy and filled with an unpleasant aroma. Most of the sections generate a lot of noise pollution, as many equipments are used in order to execute the technical operations. The working hours and holidays vary from one store to another, depending on its owner.
A gold associate earns a median salary of around USD 60, 000 to USD 70, 000 per year.
Thus, the gold associate responsibilities include showing the gold items to the clients and handling equipment to mend, sanitize and shape the items.