Account Coordinator Responsibilities
Handling accounts in an organization is a different profile altogether and the account coordinator is a part of this team. He or she has to handle various responsibilities, support the administrative and management team of the company. The following will give a detailed account of the account coordinator job profile:
- In this field a person is supposed to handle, maintain and take care of the client services
- In many companies the customer care services are handled by account coordinators
- Record maintenance is something that is again a part of the account coordinator job description
- Under the records section there comes a variety of things like, updating the pending files or accounts, make changes in the recent operational accounts, account closures, etc.
- Report to the management or the seniors of the updates and submit reports to them. Change in policies, or implementation of new policies is dependent on these reports
For being able to submit such reports to the management account coordinator needs to conduct surveys or base their reports on substantial official information.
- Study and conduct surveys, as per the management's instructions and make reports for submission
- Make arrangements for meetings, for example, prepare the agenda, minutes, prepare the handout material for the people involved in the meeting
- Arrange for reference materials or prepare a presentation for meeting held by the seniors, i.e. account managers, etc.
- Take care of the venue for meetings with employees and clients as well, i.e., make sure the rooms are available and the projectors are set up, book restaurants or meeting halls
- Initiate and revert correspondence to customers, inquirers, vendors, etc.
In short, communication with the parties that matter indirectly in the due course of work, these professionals are responsible for doing the needful. This also involves ensuring everyone has the required materials like photocopies, writing materials like pen or notepad, etc.
- Within the space of office room, account coordinator job responsibilities include arranging the account files properly and sort them accordingly
- When a company is starting any new venture or plans to diversify the business, it is the account coordinator's duty to keep the required literature and dissipate information in different media
In most of the companies the work profile of an account coordinator also includes providing support to not only the customers and client base but the team leaders within the organization itself.
One also has to make or design forms for the clients for different kinds of accounts, so one has to be well acquainted with related computer programs. With seniority comes some additional responsibilities and of course, scope for growth and promotion.
Soft Skills Required for an Account Coordinator
It is a good idea to have a look at the soft skills requirement for becoming an account coordinator, so that you are in a position to judge yourself for suitability.
- One should be 'interested' in the job as it can become monotonous and tedious
- A sense of possession about the work one does plays an important role in an account coordinator job profile, because only then one feels responsible enough
- Good organizational skills, as one needs to deal with so many accounts and reports, conduct surveys, etc.
- Good communication skills, because he or she needs to initiate and revert information with various kinds of people in different media
- Basic understanding of the hospitality sector works wonders in doing well in this job
- Time management is something which really sees you through in the job front
So these were the general account coordinator responsibilities in a professional set up. But, along with these duties one can also be asked to perform certain administrative tasks, as per the requirement and profile of the organization. A person can be an asset if he or she has some proficiency in operating different software programs that are required to perform these duties.