Inside Sales Representative Job Description
Introducing the products to the clients and increasing the sales of the products is the main objective of any person working in the sales department of the company. There are two types of sales positions, the inside sales and the outside sales.
The outside sales representative sells the products or introduces the products of the company by making door-to-door visits. The job responsibility of an inside Sales Representative is similar to that of the outside sales representative except that he does not visit the customers door-to-door.
He targets the established clients and organizations in the market who can buy their products in bulk. If you want to know more about this inside sales job description, read below.
Primary Responsibilities of Inside Sales Representative
- They meet and communicate with the walk-in customers
- Understand the needs and expectations of the customers and provide relevant solutions
- They handle the traffic of customers and ensure proper attention to every customer
- Analyze the choices and financial capacities of every customer and suggest suitable products
- They offer different alternatives to customers in their preferred choice of product
- Demonstrate the methods of using products and resolve customer queries
- Responsible to close sales deals and achieve customer satisfaction
- Call up the prospective customers, explain details of the different products and services offered and convince them to buy the products
- Make efforts to achieve the short term sales targets and improve goodwill of the organization
- Operate the CRM (customer relationship management) systems and ensure authentic information is available with the company
Secondary Responsibilities of Inside Sales Representative
- Establish friendly relations with customers and maintain ongoing relations with the customers
- They manage a database of potential customers and contact them regularly
- They note down the suggestions and complaints made by the customers and report them to the production department
- Research the market for new competitive products introduced and the marketing strategies adopted by competitors
- Record details of every sales transaction in the sales book and submit weekly reports to the higher officials
Skills Required for Inside Sales Representative
- Should be expert in handling CRM software and other common computer software such as Power Point, MS Word , Outlook and Ms Excel
- Impressive personality and ability to convince the clients by planning attractive quotations for them
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with high level of confidence
- Creative thinker and should posses ability to resolve critical problems
- Good organizational skills, management skills and ability to energetic
- Should have ability to multitask and handle conflicts in the business
- Ability to analyze the market and target potential clients
- Actively involved in the developmental plans of the company and devoted to work
- Target oriented and believe in team work
- Should posses ability to work individually in certain situations
Educational Requirements for an Inside Sales Representative:
Inside sales representatives should posses a degree in Business Administration. People who specialize in sales in Business Administration or have experience of working in inside sales or outside sales have better opportunities in this career profile. There are other specializations such as finance and marketing as well. These people also get opportunity to work as inside sales representative if they have any relevant experience. Certification courses in handling software used in the sales departments will also help in this career.
Salaries Offered for Inside Sales Representatives
An inside sales representative gets compensations of $46,000 per year. Some established companies also pay higher than this. Experience and state is also one of the factors in varying the salaries of an individual.
We have tried to provide you the detailed information of inside sales work profile. Hope this inside sales job description proved to be a helpful document for you.