Account Advocate Responsibilities
Looking for an account advocate's job? You should go through the job description. It will help you have an idea of what is expected of you in the professional front. Many a times people get surprised when they are asked to do something which they did not expect. Professional life and the academic programs designed by the educationists are different. Somehow, the syllabus related information and knowledge do not arm you with the intricacies of handling actual life situations at work place. This is where all the professional problems start to begin. Thus, have a look at the account advocate responsibilities and more in the following sections here.
What do Account Advocates Do?
Account advocates are law graduates and professionals who are responsible for designing company policies and plan the scheme for a particular organization. Being in the legal field they have to ensure their organization is abreast with the latest requirements and ahead of their contemporaries.
In some organizations account advocates are a part of the support team and not the administrative department. They are the ones who act as a mediator between the company and the clients for recovering money.
These are the major duties of these professionals and enumerated below are some other responsibilities:
- Ensure services to the employees are given, for example, they are the ones who design health schemes for the employees of an organization, to meet the government regulations and rules for the same
- Identify avenues for extracting benefits and look for means to increase the income by laying out strategies. The target for achieving is not just for the employer but also for the clients' projects
- Laying down emergency management rules and regulations in any organization forms a part of the account advocate responsibilities
- Cost cutting measures depend hugely on the studies account advocates conduct and the reports they submit to the management
- Cost control being one of the many duties of an account advocate, he or she has to plan the management of resources in a company
- Closely work the team leaders of different departments and update them, guide them about the policies, budget, etc.
- In case of online account management, the account advocates are supposed to handle the client queries and provide them solutions through e-communication or phone calls.
- For ensuring the revenue is constantly on the rise, the account advocates team work with the internet search optimizers. Optimizing plans are laid down by them, they reveal and predict various destinations for increasing the visibility of their sites.
Although these are the basic responsibilities of an account advocate these form the major chunk of their work. Also, to perform these duties well one needs to have certain soft skills in them which are given in the following section. Kindly refer to them.
Soft Skills Required for Account Advocate
Soft skills requirement differ with every profession and organization. It largely depends on the kind of work you deal in and the people you are involved with. So here they are:
- Being able to perform one's duties within the time frame is again something which demands an account advocate
- An account advocate candidate should have good decision making skills
- Similarly, problem solving ability and independence is expected too from the candidate
- Good analytical and negotiation skills are highly valued in this profession as they are involved in dealings with different parties
- Apart from these above mentioned account advocate responsibilities one has to have strong communication skills. Communication skills, both reading and writing, are of utmost importance in any legal arena. Drafting, documentation of policies, insurance, deals, contracts, etc., are considered as guides
- Account advocates have to interact with clients and employees in their organization as well. For the same purpose they have to be sensitive towards people and interact differently with different people
- Diplomacy and integrity are expected as they hold information about everyone, which is sometimes not limited to just professional information
- Self motivation is required in order to carry out the money recovering job
Before getting into a job, do invest time in talking to experienced professionals, see if you need more assistance from your seniors, find out information on the scope for growth and earning capacity, etc. Once you do this you can plan your future course better and most importantly, armed with the actual real life scenario rather than visualizing your wishes.