Marketing Officer Job Description
The marketing department of an organization is involved in increasing the sales of products and bringing profits for the company. A marketing officer is involved in all kinds of marketing, networking and social medial invents of the marketing departments of the organization. His assistance is helpful for the marketing managers in implementing the marketing strategies and plans.
The job responsibilities of a marketing officer may vary depending upon the size and the type of the organization he is working with. His work pressure may also be less if he is working in a small organization and more in bigger firms. They have employment opportunities in all kinds of organization ranging from small scale to large scale organizations. They are required in hotels, manufacturing companies, schools, government organizations, department stores, etc.
Marketing offers have opportunities to work in other marketing related fields such as sales, communication and customer services. Even individuals who have experience in these fields can work as marketing officers.
Work Responsibilities of Marketing Officers:
- Work closely with the advertising media and help them incorporate new business strategies and marketing methods
- Attend meetings with the production or manufacturing department and understand the details of the products and discuss strategies with them
- Help the marketing team in organizing events and exhibitions for the promotion of products and capture potential markets
- Create media releases and press releases and assist product presentations
- Lease with the clients. Prepare quotations and negotiating with the prices and other issues
- Manage products that are used for the marketing purpose such as leaflets, posters, DVD's, and advertisements in television, magazine and newspapers, etc.
- Plan budget of advertising and negotiate with the ad agencies and leasing additional services from them
- Prepare monthly expenditure report of the advertisements, promotions events and all types of expenses involved in marketing a product
- Monitor the impact of the marketing strategies adapted on the sales of the product and make necessary amendments in the strategies
- Should be a skilled and creative copywriter through detailed market analysis
- Proficient communication skills and ability to negotiate with the clients and the advertising agencies
- Must be aware of the market trends, competitors in the market and future threats
- Expert marketing skills and ability to implement new and innovative marketing strategies
- Motivating, leadership quality and should believe in team work and collective efforts
- Good presentation skills and sound mathematical and statistical skills
Educational Qualifications Required
If you are willing to pursue any career in the field of marketing it is necessary that you have a graduate or post graduate degree in Business Administrations with specialization in Marketing or Finance. To become a marketing officer as well you need to pursue a degree in Business Administration. Even graduates or post graduates in mass communications, advertising, sales, etc., have opportunities to work as marketing officers. Pursuing on job training in any relevant field and having experience will also increase opportunities of employment in this field.
Some of the topmost business organizations in the industry offer around $200,571 per annum for marketing officers. If the person is more experienced and capable then the company may offer more than this. Some smaller organizations pay less than $200,571.
Marketing officers are know by many alternative titles like marketing executive, chief marketing executive, chief marketing officer, etc. However their responsibilities are same in every organization. Hope you found the above given marketing officer job description a helpful foundation for your job search and cover letter and resume writing.