Office Manager Job Description
This is an important position in any office. The office manager, as the name suggests, has to look after all the aspects in an office. They have to manage the whole office, along with the staff members. The manager's job is not at all easy, and it takes a lot of management skills, but if you think you are the right person for the job, read the office manager job description we have provided for you.
The office manger has to be a highly qualified individual. The job might pay really well, but the hard work involved in it is quite a lot. The manager has to know a bit of each and every department, they have to know the names of the heads of each department and even the employees. Therefore, the manager has to know a bit of every job profile in the office.
The main aspect of a manager's job is to make sure that the office is running smoothly, and anything that is disrupting the peace of the office has to be sorted out by them. The manager has to look after the whole office, irrespective of how big or small it is. To understand their duties more, you can read the office manager job description.
Duties and Responsibilities of Office Manager
- Supervise the smooth working of the office
- Know all the software and the filing systems that are being used in the office
- The manger has to delegate responsibilities to each head and make sure that each receives a fair share of work and is not overburdened by it.
- The manager has to review the salaries and the working condition of the employees
- The manager also has to review performance of each employee and they are the ones who recommend names for promotion to higher management
- When the office is hiring employees, the manager also has to partake in conducting the interviews, along with the people of Human Resources
- The manager also has to maintain the discipline of the office; if there are any disputes, the manager has to solve it before it the matter gets out of hand
- The manager has to coordinate between the higher management and the employees
- It is also the responsibility if the manager to train the new staff that is recruited, they have to train them about all the software that is used in the office and of the rules and regulation that have to be followed in the office
- If an employee has to be terminated from their services, it is the job of the manager to inform the employee
- For this post, a person needs to have a degree in business
- Experience is required for this post, hence, the person should have served as a junior manager for atleast two years
- The manager has to know accounting, human resources, sales, marketing etc. Therefore, additional course work done in these fields would prove to be advantageous
Good work in this field will result in promotions and a movement up in the higher management. One could even end up in the Board of Directors.