Food Safety Specialist Job Description
The food safety specialist responsibilities include working as a situational and atmosphere health expert and examining the implements and trading procedures and methods of mercantile food trades in order to achieve the status and cleanliness regulations. He also ensures that the customers are satisfied with the kind of food items available at retail food stores in the markets and the same are fit for intake by them.
He examines and helps with deciding the proper cleanliness methods adopted and holding the conditions that influence the protection of food. He audits by making use of the American Institute of Banking (AIB) standards in order to examine the kind of business operations executed and the profits earned by the food and beverage industries. The food safety specialist shoulders many responsibilities that may vary according to the place and size of the industry where he is based.
The key responsibilities of a food safety specialist are as under:
- Ensuring that the food items are clean and free of any pollutants and impurities so that the customers don't fall sick
- Making sure that the food is prepared as per the safety modulations of food planning and situational health section of that region
- Helping the government and section modulatory government bureaus in conserving the safety of food items
- Offering for section regularity government bureaus and authorities regarding food safety matters, supervising the regulations and modifications of the industry and putting into effect the same onto all the observation and scrutininizing schemes and programs and appraising them regularly in order to maintain their agreement with the rules, policies and regulations of the industry
- Collaborating with the commodity administration team in order to solve all the problems related to the administration and direction department
- Maintaining good interactions and relations with the advancement and learning section of the industry done via different relationships in order to enhance the status of the storage rooms where the food items are preserved
- Reporting to the administration section of the department as and when needed and scrutinizing the health codifications and non-obedience of concepts, regulations and policies
- Completing effective plans and conducting programs in order to help the suitable development of the industry and to improve the regulations of the same and making sure that superior commodities are produced for trade dealings
- Participating in different plans and programs in order to investigate the quality and quantity of products and getting acquainted with the industrial commodities
- Growing and holding effective and efficient relations with the employees in order to update himself with the needs of the industry and the new products introduced
- Executing various plans and programs in the industry to save the active commodities and making sure that new plans and programs are implemented in order to enhance the choice of the products
- Growing and keeping the records of rules and regulations and procedural methods of the industry as a whole in order to make sure that improved health maintenance systems are available to all the customers
- Working with the other departments of the industry and assisting them with supplying the plans and programs of the same
- Holding the commodity safety plans and programs in order to execute the accounting methods, procedures and operations in the inside as well as outside campaigns
- Scrutinizing the industrial systems and policies and suggesting enhancements of the same and ensuring that the customers' earn profit by risk-free preservation of food items and different beverages
- Observing and pursuing different accounting plans and strategies in order to facilitate the efficient provision of industrial products and the proper putting into effect of the same to enhance the industry further
- Updating the industrial products as per their agreement with all the rules and regulations of the industry in order to improve the quality and standard of the food and drinking commodities
- Helping the provision series collaborators in the enhancement and creation of new products and commodities for the industry
Qualifications and Skills Required
The candidate who wants to step into the shoes of a food safety specailist should have a bachelor's degree in biological science, health, nutrient science, microbiology or in any other health and science field. Acquiring a food safety specialist certificate by doing courses in this field or a related field from college or a school would also give him an opportunity of working as the same. Completing a master's degree in the same field would surely make him rise to higher positions in the industry, and he would get a higher salary. These degrees should be authorized and recognized by the national environment health science and protection recognition council. Apart from all these, he needs to be a food lover and possess successful customer and cooking skills. He should be aware of certain health safety regulations regarding food items and the rest of the expertise on the same field would be imparted to him by his educational qualifications and certificates.
He works in a food industry and is expected to deliver food safety expert skills. He executes food safety expert operations for about 6 days a week and 54 hours a week. He takes care of all the cleanliness procedures and has different work shifts.
The food safety specialist draws an average salary of around USD 30, 000 to USD 70, 000 per annum.
Thus, the food safety specialist responsibilities include taking care of the food hygiene and analyzing the food products, items and beverages kept in the food stores of the industry.