Forecast Specialist Responsibilities
The forecast specialist responsibilities include analyzing and examining the earth's ambience in order to see its effects on the same and forseeing the weather patterns of the atmosphere in the coming days. He is also known as a forecast expert or a meteorologist who specializes in weather forecasting. He executes various responsibilities across different organizations, aggregates and studies weather information and informs the viewers, readers and public or audience of the same.
He finds out the temperature, humidness and precipitation of a given area by observing and reading the results of the satellites and radars that cover the same area. He analyzes the outgoing weather of a place with the current and active conditions of the same place with the help of computer readings and by running weather forecast computer programs. This helps him in figuring out the differences in the temperature of that same place.
A forecast specialist has many important responsibilities that include the following:
- Deciding or concluding as to how the weather will influence the landing, taking off and flying of the planes and ensuring that the planes should be ordered to do any of these three activities only when the weather is free from any dangers and this would be told by him
- Detemining the amount of fog and other environmental impurities that may affect or damage the plane while taking off from a runway
- Ensuring that planes fly only after getting clearance from him
- Forseeing the weather conditions of a particular place and informing the people staying there about the density of rains, floods or other dangers
- Ensuring that all the people living in the 'would be' affected areas shift to a completely new and safe area in case of flash floods, tornados, cyclones, hurricanes and tsunamis
- Informing the boats and fishermen of a particular area with the weather conditions and forbidding them from venturing out in case of natural and weather disasters in seas and oceans
- Ensuring that the lives of all the people and their possessions and properties are saved by adopting suitable meaures to combat bad weather
- Advising the people beforehand who stay in the flooded areas to evacuate those locations and obey certain rules and regulations that can protect them
- Examining and studying the erstwhile weather information of a particular place and explaining the reasons for the change of weather
- Forseeing the future climate and weather conditions of that place
- Predicting the future climate and weather of a place that has agricultural fields and advising the farmers about the right time and season when they should cultivate their land and grow crops
- Ensuring that the farmers don't face any losses and advising them to grow crops in the weather requirements order
- Investigating the transport of radio signals from one place to another in various kinds of weather conditions
- Advising the farmers about the appropriate weather conditions when he can grow and enhance the quality of the crops
- Determining the regional pressure, wind speed, temperature, wetness and rainfall density of a particular location using various implements that can measure the same
- Rendering and grouping weather information and photographs in order to make weather predictions of that place
- Creating new implements that help him decide the weather conditions of a place
- Marking some geographical areas and organizing the reports and documenting the presentations to maintain weather records
- Informing the public and the people living in a particular area about the weather conditions through various mediums like radios, televisons and cable televisions
- Studying and examining the natural and chemical characteristics of the environment and atmosphere in order to conduct polls
- Studying the movement of energy from one place to another in given weather conditions
- Dealing with each and every aspect of weather and different seasons and containing air pollution and other challenging environmental situations wherein the atmosphere or the environment gets damaged or is harmed in any way
- Assisting the whole world in combating skin cancers by analyzing and scrutinizing the hole that has been created in the upper atmosphere as a result of receiving the sun's ultra violet rays and advising them on adopting various measures that can protect them from the same
- Analyzing the fossils and other soiled structural modifications in order to check as to how the weather conditions all across the world have changed over time
- Investigating the weather conditions in order to know more about the environment and atmospheric seasons
- Executing all other operations that need his involvement
Qualifications and Skills Required
A forecast specialist requires to possess a bachelor's degree in atmospheric or environmental science, meteorology or a related field. He can also acquire a master's degree in the same in order to get better job possibilities and this would also help him grow faster. He must have good observation skills that can help him notice the changes in the climate of that particular place and record and act on the same. Apart from all these, he should be very understanding, helpful and outgoing that can help him with rescuing many people in cases of weather or climate disasters.
He works in a wide variety of offices, ranging from government authorities to television stations. He normally works rotational shifts and at odd hours as well.
A forecast specialist gets a median salary of around USD 70, 000 per annum usually. But again, this salary depends on the kind of position he is in, in the organization and also varies from one location to another.
Thus, the forecast specialist responsibilities include studying the weather conditions of a place and predicting the kind of weather that place will have in the future.