How to Save Your Job?
A good job is a must for everyone in today's world. A secure job is an important thing in recession. When many organizations are laying off the staff, you have to do certain things to save your job. You have to give the best to the organization from the day you start working. You have to project yourself in a way that the company understands your contribution towards the growth of the organization. You have to be in good books of your boss through your performance and team work. Make sure that you complete all the given tasks in the stipulated time frame.
Saving a job is a skill that you need to acquire in this recession hit world. Concentrating on your work, sincerity, good performance, and interpersonal skills will help you in creating an impression in front of the management. Showcasing your talent through an excellent presentation or a project report will help one to make a place for himself/herself in the minds of the management. You can do all this through the right actions at right time. The image that you have created for yourself in the organization for all these years, matters a lot when the time of saving your job comes.
These are some suggestions that will help you in saving the job:
- Make sure that you know all the details about your job profile and you understand all the nuances involved in it. You give the best performance and help your colleagues or team members in bringing out the best.
- Always try to specialize in one of the areas in your job. You have to be so good at it that if you are not available then there will be problem of smooth functioning in your department.
- Keep some of the data confidential from others so that you will be required for a specific operation. You need not open all the books at the first go. You have to be in a position so that the boss shares confidential information with you.
- Try to be come flexible so that you can accommodate extra work if assigned. Always help the management in taking extra load which will show your adjustable and adaptable nature.
- Don't be a part of office gossip. Keep on listening to everyone's views. Express your views only when you are asked for. This helps to showcase your multi dimensional perspective after listening to all the stuffs.
- Always let your work feature in front of your boss. You have to be good at marketing yourself. The management should know what you are contributing for your company progress.
- Be eager to learn new things which will help your progress. It may be learning a new software, new techniques that the organization has implemented. This shows that you like change and can keep up with the pace of modern technology.
- Modesty and honesty are two things that will help you in the longer run. Use them as tactically as possible to show your potential and stress on how the organization will miss it if you are thrown out.