Job agencies are companies that help in recruitment. Job agencies are important for both the employers and job seekers. These agencies play a significant role in the process of recruitment. A candidate who requires a job submits his or her resume to the recruitment agency to get help in finding a job. On the other hand, the employers or the organizations that are hiring, ask the placement agencies to find a right candidate for the particular job profiles. The employers pay the agency for finding the suitable candidate who has skills, educational qualifications. This is a process that the job agencies follow.
A recruitment agency helps an organization in all its hiring needs. It plays a role of human resource department for the organization. All these areas of short listing of resume, choosing the right candidates for the profile and sending them for interview are taken care of by these agencies. The organization has to just take the interview and select the best candidate. The initial steps that need to be taken are already done by recruitment agency. This saves time and money of the organization. This helps in making the recruitment process smooth and fast. The candidates too get offer letters in a week's time from the date of interview.
A candidate gets an opportunity to look into various profiles related to his or her field through the job agency. While submitting a resume to the recruitment agency, the candidate has to give information about his educational back ground, work experience and skills. This helps the agency in finding a job profile to suit the candidate's resume. This helps the candidate in getting a right job according to his or her interests. The agency helps the candidate in getting the support that is required in his or her career. A candidate who is looking for a change in his or her job and does not have time to search for a job, then opting for a job agency is best thing for him or her. You just need to give all the details and a resume, so that the recruitment agency finds a job for you.
Job agencies help in recruitment to both the employers as well as potential job seekers. Whether to opt for a job agency or not is an individual's decision. A person who is employing the staff has to give clear criteria and guidelines to the agency for short listing of resume for a specific profile. In the same manner, a person who requires job has to give a good resume and detailed information about the type of job, profile he or she will be interested in and salary expectations. This will be mutually beneficial.
Advantages of a job agency:
- The employer gets the right candidate for the profile in less time as well as less efforts.
- This helps in cost reduction of the organization which gets new staff.
- The candidate who is searching for a job gets a look at various profiles in the database of the company.
- The candidate's resume is sent to the organizations that have a particular requirement as well as interview is arranged. The candidate has to just attend the interview. No follow up is required.
Disadvantages of the job agencies:
- The employers at many times have to interview the candidates who are selected by the agency. There is a limitation of resumes that are sent.
- The candidates have no choice in selecting the organization where they can go for interview.