Sample Healthcare Resume
- Healthcare Resume
- Sample Healthcare Resume
Health care involves diagnosis, treatment and prevention of illness, injury and other impairments in human being. Practitioners in dentistry, pharmacy, nursing, and other care providers deliver it. Licensed Practical Nurse refers to a nurse who cares for people who are sick, injured and disabled under the direction of a senior nurse. Many LPNs (Licensed Practical Nurse) record vital signs of patients such as pulse, respiratory rate, temperature, height and blood pressure. They also give injections and enemas, alcohol rubs, dress wounds, massages and personal hygiene. They help the patients to move in the bed, to stand and to walk. National Association for practical Nurse Education and Service (NAPNAS) plans the curriculum for practical nurses. Nursing assistant can go for further education to become registered nurse. After an associate's degree one can go for National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN). The candidate in the profile perform the roles like total patient care, personal hygiene, and home visit evaluation, developing comprehensive patient history in emergency and pro-active approach to patient.
34, Robinson Plaza,
New Brunswick, NJ 34534
Licensed Practical Nurse
Education, Licensure, and Certification
Recent graduate with professional experience in healthcare settings and private duty nursing.
- Committed to the medical profession and to quality patient care.
Nursing style blends professionalism, capability and compassion to truly integrate patients' medical and emotional care within hospital, facility or private duty environment.
- Communicate well with doctors, colleagues and patient families, insuring continuity of patient care.
Dedicated beyond normal expectations. Absolutely reliable and punctual with perfect school and clinical attendance record.
- Will be at work no matter what the weather or personal circumstances. Own a four wheel drive vehicle.
Personal experience with two severely disabled children-who could not interact and who did not live to adulthood-was preparation for dedication to all patients, especially those who are unable to communicate in normal ways.
Areas of Knowledge and Experience
- Board of Cooperative Services
Diploma in Practical Nursing, XXXX
Louis A. Wilson Tech, Western Suffolk BOCES, North-port, NY
Licensed Practical Nurse, New York State
License # 000-0000
IV Certification: Central and Peripheral lines, through I.V.E.C.O.N., 1999
Infection Control, through BOCES, 1998
CPR, through The American Heart Association, 1998
Undergraduate Clinical Training
- chest, NG, nephrostomy, gastro tubes
- Cast care, pin care, traction care
- IV lines, all types
- Tracheostomy care
- Renal I & O catheterization
- Pediatric and geriatric basic care
- Urinalysis, culture and sensitivity
- Rehabilitation support functions
- Finger sticks
- Psychiatric basic care
- Wound and burn care
- private duty nursing
- labor and delivery observation
- private duty care plan development
- Post-partum, new-born nursery
- Family, aide, LPN care integration
Employment in Healthcare
Private Duty Nurse
|Med-Surg||Good Samaritan, St. John's, Brunswick and Huntington Hospitals|
|Med-Surg||Good Samaritan, St. John's, Brunswick and Huntington Hospitals|
|Pediatrics||Good Samaritan Hospital|
|Orthopedics||Brunswick Rehabilitation Center|
|OB / GYN||Good Samaritan Hospital|
|Gerontology||St. John's and Our Lady of Consolation Nursing Homes|
|Psychiatric||Brunswick Psychiatric Hospital|
1999 to XXXX
Medical Office Secretary, Donal's Chiropractic, Coram, NY
Perform total patient care for end-stage Parkinson's patient (a former RN) including medications, personal hygiene, range of motion, tube feedings, PT and OT for ten hours a day.
- Determined needs in initial home visit evaluation and initiated beneficial changes including establishment of nursing care plans, a charting system to insure continuity of care, and development of comprehensive patient history for emergency hospitalizations.
- Take a compassionate and pro-active approach to patient's care-encouraged purchase of high-top sneakers for patient's foot drop, continually provide personal services such as hair care and manicures to stimulate patient, and inform family as to care changes necessary as patient's condition deteriorates.
1996 to 1999
Trainer and Data-entry Operator, PDQ, Hauppague, NY
Fulfilled basic patient assistance for 40 to 45 patients per day in this very busy office.
- Calmed patients' fears, created comfortable atmosphere, and acted as emotional support.
- Handled full range of medical secretarial duties-scheduling, billing, insurance, collections and heavy phones.
- Cleared up old accounts and worked out payment arrangements.
- Renovated office, replacing very old decor, and increasing patient satisfaction.
1994 to 1996
Direct Mail Handler, Midlantic Graphics, Mastic, NY
Position required high degree of self-motivation, organization, time-management and accuracy.
- Worked from home, picked up and delivered daily work load and finished on-schedule although job could be given anytime one day and be expected for completion the next day.
- Compiled information from surveys, reading and translating often illegible documentation and code into computer for next day delivery.
- Mentored new hires-trained on data entry techniques and policies.
1994 to 1994
Performed bindery, tagging and bagging functions for clients' direct mailings.
Community Service Award
1996 BOCES Toy Drive Chairperson
As student project, independently organized campaign and collected over 2,000 new and gently used toys to relieve toy shortage for the children and adolescents at Brunswick Psychiatric Center and the Stony Brook Hospital Psychiatric Unit.
Project was a huge undertaking that was personally rewarding. Was unexpectedly honored by school principal at graduation and given the BOCES' Annual Community Service Award.
Sample Healthcare Resume 3
This sample healthcare resume will give you a quick-start on building an effective and optimized resume for your job application. Visitors can feel free to customize and edit our sample healthcare resume as per their requirement for job application. We hope that our sample healthcare resume will go a long way in portraying your abilities and skill-sets efficiently.
1234, West 67 Street,
Arlingon Street, MA 02116,
Executive management position with a health care organization.
Health care professional with medical degree and hospital experience, combined with
M.B.A. in Health Administration and management background. Proven ability to
organize a health care facility and gain substantial market share in short period of time.
Recognized for ability to work with very diverse clients and staff. Outstanding skills in
assessing what is needed, recommending sensible solutions, and effectively motivating
staff to implement them in a spirit of collaboration.
SKILLS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS :
- Actively involved in all phases of setting up a private health facility.
- Oversight for hiring, setting up inventory procedures and financial systems.
- Managed day-to-day office activities: establishing priorities, monitoring
- Motivated staff by providing environment conducive to open communication
and opportunities for professional development.
- Conducted brainstorming sessions to develop solutions for improving patient
- Welcomed constructive criticism from customers and employees for system
- Conducted successful analysis for causes of OJI's and implementation of
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO, Denver, CO
M.B.A., Health Administration
Expected graduation: May 2004
NUFFIELD INSTITUTE OF HEALTH, UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS, U.K
M.A., Hospital Management, August 2002
UNIVERSITY OF PUNJAB, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
M.B.B.S. (Equivalent to M.D.), RAWALPINDI MEDICAL COLLEGE, June 1997
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE :
05/03 Present, REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION DISTRICT, Denver, CO
, Administration Department
Conduct research to identify causes of increased incidence of OJI's.
Work with departments of Public Safety, Wellness And Rehab, Risk Assessment and
general management for analysis.
- Prime focus on feasible solutions and their
02/03 - 08/03, UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO AT DENVER
, Business School, Health Administration Program
Developed International Health Tracks and Center for Global Health.
01/02 - 02/02, UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS, UK
, Bradford Hospitals NHS Trust
Bradford Hospitals NHS Trust is a 900-bed NHS Acute Hospital with annual budget
more than 140 million pounds.
Worked with top and middle management, attended board meetings, and conducted
research study on quality of nursing for the hospital.
01/99 - 08/01, MARYAM MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
40-bed private acute hospital.
Directly involved with general management of hospital.
- Monitored numerous staff:
Hospital Manager, Finance Manager, Nursing Supervisors, Duty Officers, PRO,
Operation Theaters, Lab Services, Radiology, Dental Surgery, Hygiene Services,
Inventory Records of Stores, Visiting Consultants, resident Medical Officers. Attended
meetings, planned short-term and long-term goals, and conducted hospital rounds to
obtain first hand information.
07/98 - 12/98, RAWALPINDI GENERAL HOSPITAL, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
(Medical Internship), Department of Medicine
500-bed tertiary care hospital affiliated with Rawalpindi. Medical College.
Participated in evaluating patients, attended outpatient clinics, managed patients in
emergency and assisted in procedures.
Sample Healthcare Resume 3
This sample healthcare resume will give you a quickstart on building an effective and optimized resume for your job application. Visitors can feel free to customize and edit our sample healthcare resume as per their requirement for job application. We hope that our sample healthcare resume will go a long way in portraying your abilities and skill set efficiently.
1234, West 67 Street,
Carlisle, MA 01741,
Seeking a position using my extensive knowledge and successful experience within the Healthcare Industry.
Wrentham Health Centre, Wrentham, MA
- Extensive experience in the Healthcare sector ranging from clinical care to administrative responsibility.
- Self-motivated, efficient, resourceful and reliable under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Confident and poised in interactions with individuals at all levels.
- Detail oriented and resourceful in the completion of tasks with ability to multi-task effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as a team player as well as working independently to achieve objectives.
- Possess strong problem resolution skills.
- Dedicated individual achieving a reputation for consistently going beyond what is required.
- Fluent in German and Spanish.
03/01 - Present
Back office Nurse
Dalek Commercial Group, Cambridge, MA
- Responsible for the admission of patients and the filling of patient prescriptions.
- Performed minor biopsies and administered patient injections.
- Collected, stored and retrieved patient data.
- Maintained and ordered medical supplies.
- Conducted patient interviews to elicit registration information.
- Implemented effective system for the sterilization of surgical instruments.
08/99 - 02/01
Quincy Medical Group, Quincy, MA
- Scheduled appointments and maintained up to date client files.
- Managed incoming and outgoing correspondence and maintained contractor schedules.
- Liased with external contractors completing tenant improvements to ensure adherence to external schedules.
- Performed administrative duties and provided support to the Property Manager.
- Oversaw the maintenance and purchase of office supplies and equipment.
- Maintained and updated client information on the company database.
01/96 - 8/99
St. Andrews, Boston, MA
- Scheduled patient appointments and support roster for physicians.
- Registered incoming patients and assisted with prescription fulfilment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure and work efficiently, preserving patient confidentiality in this environment.
- Performed administrative duties.
- Troubleshot and resolved problems. Effective at dealing with complaints.
01/95 - 01/96
LVN / Scrub Tech
College of Massachusetts Medical Affiliates
- Undertook a floating role for the Nursing office performing duties in the following departments: Post-partum, Labor and Delivery, the Emergency Department, Intensive Care and Paediatrics.
- Served as a Scrub Technician over a five-year period in the Labour and Delivery section.
- Relate well to people from a variety of cultures and social backgrounds.
- Remain calm and professional during periods of critical need.
- Readily develop rapport with patients, staff, families and physicians.
- Assist with registration of new patients.
Graduated as an LVN
In my free time I have assisted at the Boston Unified School District as a Teachers helper.
I have also volunteered at the Massachusetts Police department in the Emergency response department.
My hobbies include water-skiing, snow skiing, going to the gym and hiking.