- Librarian Resume
- Librarian Resume
The word librarian is derived from a Latin word 'liber', which means 'book'. Librarians work in schools, colleges, universities and public libraries. Librarians are skilled in information science that helps in managing information services for the people who needs that information. The candidate in the profile has served as library associate and senior librarian for more than 15 years. His roles include, to generate the distribution desk in adequate manner, to acquire different places for books, journals and audiovisuals, to prepare required book list to prevent repetition, to maintain the required reference search categories, to provide necessary directions for proper use of AV tools, to take due actions to prevent copyright and photocopy measures through ALA patterns, to make actual statistics on door count and circulation procedures of the library on a monthly basis, and to grant photocopy of preferred journals and other items on the request.
Sample Librarian Resume
231, Atlanta Avenue
- Obtained MS degree in Library Science as the major from California State College, California in the year of 1993.
- Obtained VT B.A. degree in English from the Simmons Community College, Boston in the year of 1988.
- Obtained Bachelor Degree in Computer Science from Southwestern University, Washington in the year of 1985.
2000 - Present date: Act as a senior librarian in Burlington Public Library with the following work responsibilities
- Generate the distribution desk in an adequate manner
- Give necessitate training to other stuffs on the using of various index tools as well as catalog and reference questionnaires
- Acquire different places for books, journals and audiovisual items
- Make wanted book list with thorough checking for preventing repetition
- Keep up required reference search categories
- Provide photocopy of selected journals and other items on suitable requests
- Take various methods for keeping records and vital documentation of incoming periodicals and other items with identifying them for further security reason
- Supply necessary directions for proper using of AV tools
- Take due actions for preventing copyright and photocopy measures, running with appropriate circulation and basic filing works as well as numbers of indexes
- Supply required methods for NML classification structures and filing measures through ALA pattern
- Making the actual statistics on door count and circulation procedures of the library in a quarterly basis
1994 - 2000: Worked as a Library Associate in Kathryn Hemet Public Library with the following work responsibilities
- Arrange special places for keeping books, journals and audiovisual items
- Compose required book list with thorough examination for avoiding duplication
- Maintain required reference search categories
- Grant photocopy of preferred journals and other items on apposite requests
- Administrated the other evening clerks as required
- Take due measures for putting off copyrights and photocopy procedures
- Making due procedures for successively going with the appropriate circulation measures and basic filing works