Intensive Care Unit Nurse Resume
- Medical Resume
- Intensive Care Unit Nurse Resume
Medical nurses are generally considered to be the backbone of a hospital or medical center because of the wide variety of tasks they carry out in order to help in the functioning of the entire organization. Some nurses perform tasks that are focused on patients who are in the intensive care units of the hospital. Such patients need a high level of care when compared to other patients due to their critical condition. Due to the sensitive nature of this job, in most hospitals, only registered nurses are selected for jobs in this field. They have to undergo training that is specific to the requirements of the ICU department and also possess prior experience in this sub-field. A well written resume that contains concise information about your educational and professional details is an essential document while applying for this job position. Check out the sample intensive care unit nurse resume given below to gain additional knowledge on writing a resume for this field.
Sample Intensive Care Unit Nurse Resume
Steven A. Kidd
4066 Chestnut Street
North Gulf Beach, FL 34642
Phone No: 727-393-8554
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Relevant Courses
- Obtain Master of Science Degree from the University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati OH in Nursing in the year of 1984 at Intensive Care Unite Supervision as the major. The degree emphasized on Intensive Care Unite maintenance and supervision.
- Acquire Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from the University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati in the year of 1982, where Intensive Care Unite study was the minor paper.
- Have done Trauma Certification courses in 1991 and Critical Care Course in 1989 from Muskingum college Hospital, New Concord OH.
Have done internship in Muskingum college Hospital, New Concord OH in 1981
- Worked as trainee nurse in the Intensive Care Unite Department.
- Designed diagrams and offered presentation regarding development of prudent service of the Intensive Care Unite Department.
1987- Present date: Working as Staff Nurse, Post Anesthesia Care unite and Trauma Unit at the Ohio State university Hospital, Columbus, OH with the following work responsibilities
- Night shift nurse, making utilization and assigning on call nurses according o the requirement.
- Looks after the major Trauma units present in the city of Columbus.
- Experienced in treating patients, Healing from surgery for stab and gun shot wounds.
- Maintaining and documenting medical records of the patients.
- Instructing and advising patients and family regarding required medicines.
- Performing various duties being a valuable member of the primary support team of the hospital
1984 - 1987: Worked as Staff Nurse in Virtue Hospital, Dayton, OH and was responsible for Medical Respiratory Intensive care Unit and Nurse's Aide.
- Responsible for monitoring activities of the nurses and assigning duties to them.