RPG Programmer Resume Sample
- Programmer Resume
- RPG Programmer Resume
RPG programmers are involved in writing high-level language programs for various business applications that are included in IBM Power i platform. These professionals are associated with a wide range of duties such as translating business requirements into applications, providing cutting-edge solutions to clients as well as performing other tasks such as designing, developing, executing software. Moreover, they also handle debugging, troubleshooting, and preparation of necessary technical documents.
As this a fixed-format programming language and requires the code to be placed in specific locations to produce accurate results, companies prefer candidates who are experts and have kept themselves updated with changing technologies. If you perfectly fit these criteria, advertise yourself to employers by preparing a concise RPG Programmer resume that must include all role specific keywords and skills such as various programming languages, familiarity with RPG free format, and ability to test the feasibility of product while enhancing existing software. Furthermore, highlight qualities like teamwork, good analytical, and interpersonal skills as it can catch the attention of a prospective recruiter, and assist in getting the next interview scheduled at the earliest.
RPG Programmer Resume Sample
Kevin B. Frank
1035 Forest Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
Highly motivated, organized, and dedicated 'RPG Programmer' with over 5+ years of experience in understanding business requirements, writing program modules and deployment of product at client side. Capable of reviewing client needs for new/existing product and determining the feasibility on their operating system. Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as keen interest in staying updated with evolving technologies to ensure the best product within deadline.
Summary of Skills:
- Possess mastery and solid command over different programming languages, including HTML/CSS, XML, Java, PHP, SQL, Python, Perl, Ruby, ActionScript, COBOL as well as open source server environment Node.js
- Strong understanding of Integrated Language Environment (ILE) and have expertise in creating DB2 files using appropriate SQL queries and views
- Familiar with inter-application communication via DDE and OLE as well as have proficiency in RPG Free Format, RPG IV, CL DDS and SQL Query/400
- Expertise in understanding client requirements of business applications, and ensuring delivery of software product within given time constraints
- Adept in coding additional modules to upgrade software
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team player and possess excellent verbal as well as written communication skills
- Languages known: RPG III, RPG IV, SQL, OCL, CLP, relational database development.
- Data structure, database, FTP, array, data areas.
- Experienced in system administration, system values, PTFs, basic configuration.
- Expertise in security administrator like user profiles, authorization lists, object authorities.
Senior RPG Programmer
MedData TechnoSpace, Garden City, NY
November 2017 - Present
- Handling various duties including troubleshooting product problems, performing bug fixes as well as implementing appropriate changes to software as necessary
- Assessing client requests regarding modification for new or existing computer programs to determine feasibility, cost and time required as well as compatibility with current system
- Analyzing the performance of hardware and software interfaces, and assisting to identify alternatives for optimizing the use of computer resources
- Participating in monthly meetings with the IT department heads, team supervisors, business analysts, and other personnel to request for cooperation, clarify program intent, and resolve complicated issues
- Coordinating with project manager to do analysis of software product workflow and assisting in distribution of responsibilities among the team members to meet priorities/goals <
- Working with testing team to plan and execute software version upgrade releases as well as customer interfaces within critical deadline
- Attending monthly group reviews of work presented by junior programming personnel, and giving appropriate technical support as well as guidance as required
FrontLine Infotech Private Ltd., Garden City, NY
April 2015 - October 2017
- Performed analysis, design, programming, development, initial testing, and implementation of software as per clients' needs
- Assisted in evaluation, implementation, upgrade, and support of changes to existing software, database or other SOL-related projects
- Collaborated with developer team and used generally accepted programming standards, and techniques to assure efficient logic as well as data manipulation
- Wrote small program modules using various languages, including ActionScript, XML,SQL, and conducted peer code reviews as well as testing when required
- Participated in entire software development life-cycle including design, coding, testing as well as configuring and deploying of product on client systems to ensure it works appropriately on their operating system
- Attended quarterly team meeting sessions to analyze functional requirements to determine and create technical specifications for larger scale projects
- Coordinated with team for code walkthrough, testing as well as migration of database to another server, and assisted in preparation of end-user documentation
RPG Programming Intern
BrightStar Technologies, Garden City, NY
July 2013 - March 2015
- Worked under senior RPG Developers to develop, create and modify general computer applications as well as specialized utility programs within deadlines
- Effectively interfaced with customers, end-users, clients team members, and personnel from other team departments for analysis and coordination of software implementation
- Attended team discussions to know and understand business project requirements, and designed as well as developed quality product in AS/400 environment
- Participated in weekly training sessions to gain familiarity of API calls, dump analysis techniques, and obtained profound knowledge of Implementer
- Turnover or other source control software
- Developed programming code by reviewing client's technical specifications under supervision of team head, and performed debugging as required
- Coordinated with testers to perform unit testing on coded modules to ensure it delivers the expected output
- Prepared and accurately wrote technical documents during project development cycle, and submitted it to the project manager
- Master's Degree in Computers
Adelphi University, Garden City, NY
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Adelphi University, Garden City, NY
--#include virtual="/ads/resume_bottom.php" -->