Public Health Advisor Resume
The public health advisors, also known as PHA, are health care consultants. They implement the public health programs at ground level and extend timely medical support to patients suffering from different diseases or disorders. Public health advisors conduct surveys to understand the health index of the local population. They gather data from different regions and forward them to health departments. On basis of this information, the health plan is drafted. Further, it is the responsibility of the public health advisors to reach out to the patients, conduct medical tests and administer treatments and medicines, as required, to cure the ailing patient. Also, they educate the people about the symptoms and nature of diseases and its preventive measures.
We have provided a public health advisor resume example. We have presented the professional format of drafting resume for searching jobs, and hence, we suggest all job seekers to refer to this resume sample while drafting their resume.
Public Health Advisor Resume Example
Address: 11, Silvercrest Street, Boston, MA 87745
Telephone Number: 977 - 040 - xxxx
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for an opportunity to work as a public health advisor and perform my duties diligently to ensure awareness about health issues in society.
- Extensive knowledge about public health management practices and health indexes
- Knowledge of basic first aid and techniques of administering medicines
- Highly skillful at adjusting with situations and cooperating with individuals
- Willingness towards traveling over long distances and working at odd hours
Public Health Advisor
Massachusetts State - Department of Health
January 2013 - till date
- Responsible to extend medical services to distant regions of the state
- Perform the basic medical inspections of the people and record the results
- Advise the patients and public on health tips and basic hygiene manners
- Distribute samples of medicines and nutritional supplements as per the directions
- Quarantine the individuals suffering from communicable diseases and extend immediate medical attention to those patients
Trainee Public Health Advisor
Hope Health Services Society, Boston
September 2011 - December 2012
- Gather the required data to draft the health index of the region such as birth rate, death rate, sex ratio, common diseases or disorders, minimum nutrition intake, per capita income etc.
- Set up medical camps and encourage people to participate in the medical examination camps
- Assist the doctors and public health advisors in administering vaccinations and medicines
- Keep track of the health conditions of the patients. Move the patients to hospitals under critical conditions
- Educate the patients and family members on preventing and curing diseases
- Master's Degree in Public Health Science
Boston University, 2011
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology Science
Boston University, 2009