Freight Associate Resume
Freight associates are employed by freight forwarding, shipping and transportation companies. They serve as a link between customers and manufacturers. Businesses and individuals contract with them for picking up, storing, transporting, and delivering goods. These individuals play an important role in shipping and storage of goods. Their job profile includes preparing freight for pick-up, proper storage of goods, loading and unloading freight from vans, trucks, boats, and maintaining paperwork detailing freight movement. They work in shipping docks, ware houses, cargo ports and storage facilities.
Candidates looking to join a freight company must have good communication, math, and mechanical skills to work with and repair hand-held scanners, forklift, and other equipment. In addition, excellent computer and organization skills are also asked for the job.
Freight Associate Resume Example
Harry T. Gibbs
2465 Mutton Town Road
Skykomish, WA 98288
I am a cargo professional with experience of packing, loading, unloading, shipping, and tracking consignments for both domestic and international shipment. I am seeking the position of a freight associate in your company to use my background for smooth and safe movement of goods.
Summary of Skills:
- Experience of receiving and shipping goods
- Knowledge of the safety requirements and defect tracking
- Highly organized and efficient in inventory management
- Strong communication, math, and computation skills
- Ability to operate and repair hand-held scanners, forklift, etc.
- Excellent team player with a track record of controlling warehouse activities
Frank Logistic Center, Skykomish, WA
February 2013 - Present
- Arranging for picking up of goods and materials from client's location
- Count, and label boxes to be shipped and enter details into the computer system
- Unloading goods received and storing them in the warehouse
- Maintaining inventory space for easy handling and quick access of materials
- Working closely with the freight team and making arrangements for loading and unloading goods
- Providing maps to drivers, labeling boxes, and tracking movement of the shipment
LK Logistic Group, Skykomish, WA
October 2012 - January 2013
- Placed consignments on strategic locations according to their delivery schedule
- Stocked goods on assigned shelves and removed boxes from areas hampering movement
- Took and entered details of incoming and outgoing goods and sorted them for shipment by air, train, and road
- Performed minor repair on hand-held scanner, forklift, and other equipment
- Checked goods for hazardous materials and ensured no violation of transportation rules
- Inspected maintenance of trucks and warehouse
High School Diploma
St. Peter's School, Skykomish, WA