An associate is a person who is united in a relationship with another in an act, enterprise, or business; a partner or colleague. The page provides guidelines regarding how to write an associates resume. There are different types of associate positions available such as sales associate, clerical associate, retail associate, law associate, administrative associate and many more.
When you are going to apply for the post of an associate it is necessary to write your resume very effectively to catch the attention of an employer. Below are some points that should be included and avoided while writing an associate's resume.
Below are some points to keep in mind while writing an associates resume.
- First thing is to place your name in bold and at the top of the resume so that employer should know whose resume they are reading.
- While writing address use standard address format.
- Write down your phone number or mobile number and email address on separate lines.
- Make use of common headings like Education, Work Experience, Skills, Accomplishments, Summary of Qualifications, Professional Affiliations, Additional Information, and Certifications.
- The resume should be one page in length but you can use more than one page if necessary. The computer can handle multi page resume easily. It extracts the all the information present in resume to match your skills with the available positions.
- Try to use enough keywords to define your experience, skills, professional affiliations and education.
- Rather than using vague description use concrete words to describe your experience.
- Use acronyms and jargon specific to our function or industry (for example CPA, MBA, JAVA etc.)
- Use long list of keywords by including specifics such as some software applications (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Office, PowerPoint, etc)
- After completing your resume proofread it for checking grammatical errors, spelling errors, inconsistent capitalization and unusual punctuation.
Things to Avoid
- Do not include photos.
- Do not falsify information.
- Try to avoid mentioning your hobbies, health, Social Security number, age, citizenship, religion, race, or marital status.
- Please do not include research papers, dissertations, references, or lists of publications.
Sample Associate Resume
Checkout our sample associate resumes below :
Find more Associate Resume Examples here.