DOD Nurse Resume
Nurses that work for the Department of Defense (DOD) usually have competitive benefits, which can easily outshine the benefits of the civil nurses. The DOD offers special training, competitive plans, travel opportunities and discounted insurance plans.
Nurses that are a part of DOD work with a special military program known as the Nurse Corps. They offer medical care to military personnel and their family members. These individuals usually work in the field, clinics or hospitals.
These nurses have to meet requirements set by the government such as a citizenship, completing moral and medical requirements along with security check. Their responsibilities vary on-field and off field. Their general duties are charting stats, providing medications, and patient assessment.
DOD Nurse Resume Example
Nicky A. Gates
4272 Pallet Street
New York, NY 10013
To secure a place as a DOD nurse where I will be able to use my skills of developed communication for patient advocacy and treatment.
Summary of Skills:
- Good critical thinking skills for diagnosing clinical problems and define interventions
- Skillful in the procedure of medical treatment
- Vast experience in healing, treating patients from gun shot wounds and surgery for stab
- Excellent ability to understand the special needs and concerns of the soldiers
- Good knowledge about practices and principles of nursing
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in critical situations
Veterans Affairs, New York, NY
October 2014 - Present
- Providing instruction to patients about proper usage of breathing techniques and respiratory procedures
- Monitoring patients sedated during the CT, bone and MRI scan
- Providing nursing care for the critically ill patients and documenting their progress
- Educating patients on proper perineal and wound care
- Treating simple and complex wound, taking vital signs, managing dressings and triage
- Taking complete history on patients' medical conditions, and providing first aid to patients
ABC Hospital, New York, NY
February 2013 - September 2014
- Provided direct patient care following direction from registered nurses
- Ensured hygiene in the unit and nursed patients' wounds
- Provided personalized services to patients from shaving hair, cutting nails, bathing, etc.
- Maintained records of all in-patients in a systematic order
- Safeguarded patients' valuable submitted during admission and hold their privacy
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Science
ABC University, New York, NY