Bilingual Customer Service Representative Job Description
The bilingual customer service representative is a gracious, well mannered, and knowledgeable professional who provides quality customer service to the customers speaking in different native tongues. The organization employs these professionals to cater to the language needs of their international customers who like to receive customer service in their own regional languages. By offering such services to the customers, the organization can increase its international client network and thereby, increase the revenue and profits of the organization.
The bilingual customer service needs to possess at least a bachelor's degree in education or arts with a specialization in a foreign language. He should possess great communication skills with an ability to understand the lingual needs of the customers.
Job Responsibilities of a Bilingual Customer Service Representative
The job responsibilities of a bilingual customer service representative are as follows:
- Many corporate organizations are concentrating on the need for business in the international world which greatly increases their client base and the gross revenue. The bilingual customer service representative is specially hired for the promotion of the services and goods offered by the organizations to the international customers who are not familiar with the English language
- The bilingual customer service representative is required to establish a communication and build a good rapport with the customers so as to compel them to buy the services offered by the organization. He mostly works for organizations that belong to the telecommunication, finance, and banking sector
- The bilingual customer service representative may even work with the travel and tourism industry where they are greatly demanded. They are required to provide service to the non-English speaking customers. They are found to be employed with the transport organizations such as bus transport, airline transport, shipping lines, and rail transport companies
- He works as a personnel who is involved in the reservation and desk clerical work of the organization
- He provides useful information about the travel arrangements and helps the customers to schedule their travel accordingly
- He assists the customers by making the travel bookings and providing them with the details about the availability of the travel
- He can also work in hotels and travel business firms to provide assistance to the foreign travelers
- He is required to translate the documentation and proceedings that generally take place in the law implementation bureaus, immigration agencies, and government offices
- He is needed to translate the immigration procedures and application procedures related to the residence booking for the international visitors entering the country
- He helps the customers and travelers to satisfy the language requirements in government business establishments such as the Smithsonian Institution, Library of Congress and The U.S. Customer Service
Other Responsibilities of a Bilingual Customer Service Representative
The other responsibilities of a bilingual customer service representative are listed below:
- The bilingual customer service representative provides assistance to eradicate the language barrier among the clients that seek services in the service organizations, social work firms, health organizations, and volunteer agencies. He needs to make sure about the uninterrupted work of the operations in these organizations
- He works in the hospitals to help the immigrant patients to solve their issues related to billing and other problems that may arise due to miscommunication
- He is required to communicate with the people associated with the social services in their native languages regarding the social problems such as poverty, unemployment, residency issues, etc.
- In logistic companies, the bilingual customer service representative is needed to carry out the changes in the policies and inquiries related to customer service. He performs such tasks through emails and by attending to the calls of the in-house and external clients in a precise and well-timed manner
- He is required to execute timely reviews of the additional requirements and other information related to the regulations and laws of organization. He may translate these policies to another language as per the need of the organization
- He is expected to establish a potent professional relationship with the clients and other professionals of the industry on a daily basis
- He assists the personnel belonging to the Operations Department and provides aid to the franchise owners in understanding the legal procedures that may be presented in a different language other than English
- He may attend to the complaints of the clients and even perform miscellaneous office tasks like filing, reporting, etc.
- He is required to document and process the orders placed by the customers. He generally does this through emails, telephone calls, fax, and the Internet
- He may even create quotations based on quality and quantity for the products and services ordered by the clients
- He attends the customers and provides them with correct information about the availability, quality, pricing, and other factors of the items booked by the customers
With bilingual customer service representative responsibilities, you can prove yourself worthy for the position you are looking for. It gives you information related to the duties and responsibilities of a bilingual customer service representative in a well organized manner.