Customer Service Manager Job Description
To make a good reputation in the market by satisfying client requirements is the main purpose of any business. An organization which is successful in attracting more and more customers will surely make more profit as compared to others. To ensure that the customers are contented with the services provided by the organization, there are customer service managers. A customer service manager may work in the call centers, departmental stores, manufacturing companies and any service providing company. They understand the requirements of the customers and implement strategies that can help them in meeting their requirements. There are many customer service agents working under their assistance who help in practical implementation of the customer service policies developed by these customer service managers. Here we have tried to provide a detailed customer service manager job description to help people who are looking for career opportunities in this field.
Duties and Responsibilities of Customer Service Manager
Providing services to the customers is more of a front-end job which involves direct interaction with the customers, but as these are managers they perform more managerial duties and at times interact with the customers as well.
- Customer service managers make amendments in the available policies and sketch new policies for the company
- He analyzes feedback reports collected from the customers by the customer service agents to make sure that customers are satisfied by the services offered
- They play a leading role in the recruitment process and help in hiring productive assets for the company
- They teach communication and interpersonal skills to the staff members through training sessions
- In case the servicing staff is unable to handle the customers, the manager takes charge of the clients and assists them
- In case a customer service manager is working in department stores, he also keeps a track of the inventory, goods, cases of shoplifting, theft, etc.
- They also have complete access and control over the front-end cash and allots proper shifts to the employees
- They analyze statistical data and keep a track of the development and increase in the sales and profits of the company
- They should analyze the market and know what kind of services their competitors are offering that can cause loss to their business and make proper changes in their services
- They attend meetings with higher level administrators of the company
Skills Required in Customer Service Manager
- Customer service managers should have good interpersonal skills
- Expert management skills help them in implementing proper administration
- Having ability to multitask and make complete use of the available resources is also helpful for the customer service managers
- They should serve as a role model for the employees and generate motivational factors in the organization
- Confidence and ability to use business tricks that can make profits for the company is also required in customer service mangers
- Creativity is also one of the important traits
Qualifications Required in Customer Service Managers
Graduate's degree master's degree in business management with specialization in marketing, finance, customer relations management, etc., are helpful to enter into this career field. As this is a managerial position, experience of more than 3-4 years in marketing and sales in essential. Some people may work as customer service managers even if they have less experience of they are skilled at managing.
Compensation Offered for Customer Service Managers
Customer service managers earn about $40,190 to $55,000 per year. Salaries vary depending upon the number of years of experience.
Our information is based upon extensive researches made by experts. If you have any queries regarding customer service manager job description, you can get back to us.