Associate Project Manager Responsibilities
Assisting the project manager in the successful implementation of the project is one of the prime associate project manager responsibilities. The role and responsibilities vary depending on the kind of industry an individual is employed in. Associate project manager jobs exist in the construction, architecture or software industry.
Responsibilities of Construction/Architecture Associate Project Manager
- Construction associate project manager works under the supervision of the project manager and is responsible for the timely completion of the project.
- He ensures that the clients requirements are fully satisfied and that the quality standards are being adhered to.
- He is responsible for hiring, selecting, training and supervising the subordinate staff members and provide quick solutions to problems to ensure smooth flow of work.
- He should be able to work in the absence of the project manager without disturbing the routine schedule.
- An architectural project manager often works on similar lines and is involved in the designing, scheduling, maintenance of quality standards and preparation of the budget for a particular project.
Key Responsibilities of an Associate Project Manager in Software Industry
Let us study in detail the key responsibilities that need to be handled by an associate project manager in software industry:
- To work on the specific project assigned to ensure proper coordination and completion of those projects
- To assist in the development and implementation of the project proposals
- To outline the budgets for the project assigned and schedule it so as to complete it on the given deadline
- To compile data and information relevant to the project and assist in the documentation of the proposal, make presentation, etc.
- To ensure that the project is completed satisfactorily adhering to the requirements mentioned in the contract
- To constantly monitor and track the progress of the project and maintain all the relevant work details in the form of reports
In addition to these responsibilities, he may also be required to participate and gather minutes of meetings. He is the important source of communication and passes on important information to the project manager regarding the complex issues and about the performance of the subordinates. He should keep himself updated with the latest developments in technology and try to implement them in order to improve and ensure fast completion of the project. He is also responsible for managing the risks associated with the project.
Educational Requirements for an Associate Project Manager
A bachelors degree from an accredited university is the minimum requirement. A masters degree or additional certification or advanced course is definitely a plus. A proven work experience in the successful completion of a project would prove to be of great help.
Essential Skills Required
To be a successful associate project manager you should have at least some of the following essential skills:
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficient in various computer applications like word processing, spreadsheet, power point, database software and internet
- Should have an ability to work under pressure and complete the project on the given deadline
- Should have an ability to establish healthy working relationship within the organization and the clients
- Should have excellent planning and organizing skills
- Should exhibit exceptional time management skills and have an eye for detail
Though the associate project manager works in standard routine with work hours normally lasting for forty to fifty per week, he may need to work overtime to ensure successful and timely completion of the project. In this way he will be able to achieve customer satisfaction.
The salary for an associate project manager will depend on the qualification, skills and the experience of handling several projects relevant to the industry you are applying for.
Career Advancement for an Associate Project Manager
An associate project manager may be promoted as a project manager once he is confident of handling the associate project manager responsibilities.
Thus the success of any organization or industry is dependent on the effective execution of the associate project manager responsibilities.
For help with the resume, explore Associate Project Manager Resume