Industry Manager Responsibilities
An experienced and well qualified industry manager is needed to regulate all the management tasks in a regulatory manner. Industry manager responsibilities involve administering the overall production and marketing team in a factory or a processing plant. They are sole in-charge of keeping a track of the required equipment and resources along with the working efficiency of each employee.
Industry managers administer various processes in a company; this involves monitoring and ensuring that the working pattern of the employees is safe and effectual. They also need to ensure that the equipment are up to date and in proper working condition. These professionals have to undergo various responsibilities and hence they need to have multitasking potential. They have to deal with people of all levels such as clients, higher authorities, team members and hence require good communication skills along with an ability to organize, make strategies and plans to give profitable outcomes. Industry managers can be categorized into industry marketing managers and industry production managers.
Roles, Duties and Responsibilities of an Industry Manager
Industry manager is responsible for coming up with new methods and strategies that will ensure that the company provides quality products. They set the production related to financial goals and ensure that the production process in carried out in the given budget and time frame. Some of their major responsibilities of the industry manager are:
- Design and schedule a training strategy for team members, and coordinate with production and sales team for ensuring the status of work
- Coordinate with clients, team members and project managers of respective projects in order to tally the work status and efficiency
- Prepare effective training methods for all products and applications; develop and implement required strategies for market verticals
- Design niche for required industrial segment and collaborate with other corporate locations in order to plan strategies for the account team
- Participate in various organizations and trade shows to capture brand awareness. Achieve all vertical targets of the market and provide the required input for the development of the new product
- Supervise and analyze data trends and performance of the clients' data in order to prepare strategies and optimize the advertising expenditures. Coordinate with clients for providing quality outcomes.
- Coordinate with regional sales personnel in order to provide effectual advertising strategies and achieve objective of beneficial outcome.
Candidates aspiring to become industry managers should complete a 4 year degree course preferably in engineering, business administration or business management. Candidates who have completed their graduation can also choose this profession, as most of the companies provide intensive training period where the candidates are trained with employee management techniques and employer's business policies.
Many industry managers qualify other credentials that allow them to move ahead in the competition. Candidates hold a certificate of inventory and production management. from The Association for Operations Management, this is considered to be an additional credential. This certification shows that the candidate is competent in planning, production operations and management. This certification needs to be renewed every three years. The Certified Manager of Organizational/Quality Excellence is another certificate that is provided to more experienced industry managers who have served for at least 10 years in same field.
Job Duties of an Industry Marketing Manager
- Design various marketing programs for industries
- Design new marketing strategies and implement them. Manage various communication plans for the entire market and ensure that they are beneficial for achieving the business goals.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the marketing and technology team in order to manage all the required equipment and internal resources. This proves beneficial to ensure that the customer requirements are met within the time and with quality.
- Design for product and service development plan that will work as an advanced strategy to cater the customers effectually.
- Design entire marketing program and coordinate with the team members about its execution.
Job Duties of an Industrial Production Manager
- Initiate and organize inventory, resources, etc., along with cost control programs
- Hire, train, appraise, evaluate, resolve personnel grievances and discharge staff
- Set product standards, monitor the work progress, examine the sample and test the products in order to assure that the goods are of prescribed quality
- Develop quality control system and production tracking plan and implement it, analyze production, monitor quality control, detect production issues and maintain operational reports
- Develop budgets, prepare productions reports and maintain them
- Approve expenditures for materials, supplies and human resources, etc., and ensure that the labor, material and equipment are used effectively to achieve production targets
- Ensure to achieve the production target within the given time frame
- Negotiate prices of materials with the suppliers
- Direct and coordinate processing, production and distribution of products
- Coordinate with the production team and dispatch the products on time
- Use new technologies and make advancement in production and supply procedure for maintaining quality
- Review issues in operations and confer with the administrative or technical staff to resolve them
Industry manager responsibilities grasp most of the administrative work which may involve managing the process of purchasing supplies, process of production and dispatch.