Desktop Publisher Resume
- Art Resume
- Desktop Publisher Resume
A desktop publisher uses the computer and certain types of software in order to combine text, images and graphics to produce combined documents for commercial printing viz. books, brochures, newsletters, logos, posters, signs etc. Desktop publishers can make a career in all areas requiring printed communications like print shops, graphic design firms, quick copy centers, schools, homes and businesses of all size. Degree is not essential but certification in related software is. Many people learn skills on the job and they need to combine artistic ability with communication, computer skills, financial aspects and flexibility.
Sample Desktop Publisher Resume
128 North Jackson Avenue
San Jose, CA 95116
Telephone No: 408-259-1039
Email id: email@example.com
Position of a desktop publisher with a major graphic design firm or advertising agency.
- Handled a lot of creative tasks for different types of marketing projects
- Adept at using a variety of software required in desktop publishing activities
- Introduced work process that simplified work and enhanced work output
Desktop Publisher, July 20XX to Present
ABC Graphics Design Services,
Technical Illustrator, July 20XX to August 20XX
- Produced brochures, personnel forms and policy pages using WordPerfect 5.1, QuarkExpress, CorelDraw, PageMaker and
- Handled designing work for various client brochures. Co-ordinated with sales representatives and printers on specifications and deadlines for color brochures
- Carried out designing and formatting using WordPerfect
Ocean Shipping Inc, Illinois
- Prepared complex diagrams and carts for proposals.
- Handled the designing and formatting tasks for employee newsletters.
- Designed Employee of the Year poster and promotional event invitations.
- Set down department standards for artwork
20XX - 20XX James College, Illinois
- Completed a Bachelor's Degree in Literature
- Completed a Master's Degree in Literature
Proficient in the use of the following computer languages:
- Frame Maker
- Adobe illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- MS Word
Furnished upon request.